• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best way to bounce back from our last two defeats and having Laird back is an added bonus :D

Great result tonight, when was the last time we scored 3 goals. Got to watch these red cards though, but ha we won.

Good win, I'm glad I got up to listen to this match.

PB's change mix up of personnel seems to have done the trick.

How did White play as a central defender and Leonard at right back. Seems to me Corr was all hot air a few weeks back when he said he wants to finish as top goalscorer in the league, it aint gonna happen me thinks.

What an idiot, it's would give Mansfield an boost before half time knowing they are back even number in 2nd half! - he should get fined for that!

Actually, both players went in hard for a tackle, the Mansfield player rolled around injured and the ref sent Clifford off, probably to even up the game. Clifford isn't an idiot, you are for judging without having any facts

"davewebbsbrain" fair enough, I was frustrated and think "we don't need that, it's will give Mansfield an boost for 2nd half" before we got our 2nd goal, and we cannot afford to lose any more players when we needed them!

Think the only sending off the ref got correct was the last one for the 2 yellows. Both the others were very harsh.

Think the only sending off the ref got correct was the last one for the 2 yellows. Both the others were very harsh.

exactly right.
as much as the their first one was a heavy challenge , he was looking at the ball and prosser was on his blind side - very unlucky imo.
clifford ?
didn't think it was two footed at the time , but will reserve judgement until i've seen a replay

Well done Strakes, another one in the eye for the clueless vindictive idiots on here....they know who they. Bet the two morons in the east blacks spat out there extra large burgers when he popped up!

Why not mention this to the 'morons' instead of moaning on here!!!

Straker lacks in many departments especially when he has time to make decisions, but is an outlet pace wise. Hopefully his goal will give him some confidence.

Well done Strakes, another one in the eye for the clueless vindictive idiots on here....they know who they. Bet the two morons in the east blacks spat out there extra large burgers when he popped up!

Scoring a goal makes him good does it? He runs with the ball at his feet but doesn't know where he is going and never has an end product. He was in the box when it counted tonight, doesn't make him good.

Scoring a goal makes him good does it? He runs with the ball at his feet but doesn't know where he is going and never has an end product. He was in the box when it counted tonight, doesn't make him good.

are you seriously saying that he wasnt good tonight . I agree his decision making is IMO normally crap- , but tonight it was excellent , We are all entitiled to our opinions, but if you didn't see that tonight that suggests to me that you have made your mind up and simply wont change it

Newport Fan in Piece, After last week end I honestly believed you would have been bullied out of tonights game. I'm glad you weren't.
Best of luck for the rest of the season

What a team! What a manager! Well done Blues. Cheered up a rubbish week (80 hours without power), Speeding ticket, Freezer food ruined........ COYSuperBB

are you seriously saying that he wasnt good tonight . I agree his decision making is IMO normally crap- , but tonight it was excellent , We are all entitiled to our opinions, but if you didn't see that tonight that suggests to me that you have made your mind up and simply wont change it

He is a good outlet because he has pace but his decision making is poor. It's no good have bags of skill and pace if there is no end product

Newport Fan in Piece, After last week end I honestly believed you would have been bullied out of tonights game. I'm glad you weren't.
Best of luck for the rest of the season

Mansfield were a bit agricultural. Every time we ran at them they pulled us down. The ref was brilliant, and booked them every time. The fact that one of their players picked up a second yellow for the same think didn't surprise me.

BTW, it was good of you to come in piece, but which one?

Naughty Southend players influenced the referee! :winking:

Did they mention McGuire's antics when Clifford was sent off? Watch the highlights. His behaviour was deplorable.

It's fitting he should have been the one to score the own goal. Nice bit of divine retribution.

Last edited:
Back