• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
Game day tomorrow and there doesn't seem to be a thread on this.

Brown has hinted at changes, so what do we expect to see?

I'll go with,

Bentley

White Prosser Phillips Coker

Atkinson Leonard Timlin Hurst

Eastwood Woodrow

Subs - Smith, Thompson, Straker, Clifford, Corr, Payne, Reid

I think it definitely is a time to mix the starting line up a bit I can see Brown doing this. Thank fully we have a number of changes which we could make and its great to have such a strong squad.

Our record against them isn't great so I expect a really tough game but hopefully we get back on track with a 2 nil win. It feels like forever since the Northampton game so can see us getting around 6.5k there.

I think I remember them bringing 23 fans with them a year or so ago so hopefully they can improve on this.

After two losses and a few weeks from a game at Fortress Roots Hall this game has become quite significant.
PB had got lots of fans purring about the football being played and the disciplined style.
So it is a game which musthave 3 pts, goals and entertainment plus defence strengths from set pieces.
The new youngster up front may be very young & fit BUT starting him may be a risk.
Bentley
White Phillips Prosser/Thomson Coker
Hurst Timlin Atkinson Leonard
Fred BBBC

Subs likely to get on; Woodrow for BBBC, Clifford/Payne for centre mid, Starker for FB or wing, + either centre back that doesn't start & Smith for GK of course.

Bentley

White Prosser Phillips Coker

Atkinson Leonard Timlin Hurst

Eastwood Corr

Woodrow I think will start on the bench.

2-0 Eastwood brace. Sorted.

I go with Jam_Man's team above.

I fancy Leonard to open his account in a 2-1 win. Obviously, Freddy for the other one.

I think we’ll line up

Bentley
White
Phillips
Prosser
Coker
Atkinson
Leonard
Hurst
Straker
Freddy
Woodrow

Woodrow will only start if Corr isnt fit, I think he will come off the bench otherwise.

Subs - Smith, Thompson, Straker, Clifford, Corr, Payne, Reid[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Isn't Thompson away on international duty?

Definitely time for a couple of changes, we need to get back to winning ways. Corr has been largely ineffective since the first game and didn't look up for it at Wycombe, dropping him might give him a kick up the backside. I know our record against them is bad and they've made a decent start to the season but we should beat them. I'm going for a 1-0 win, Timlin with the goal on his return. Team:

Bentley, White, Phillips, Prosser, Coker, Hurst, Leonard, Timlin, Straker, Eastwood, Woodrow
Subs: Smith, Auger, Payne, Clifford, Atkinson, Corr, Reid

Unbelievably this is our last Saturday home league game until 23rd November so if you struggle to get to evening games, come tomorrow!

Just got my tickets for this. Only looked at the South Upper but seems to be a decent crowd already.

I worked out the other day that not only have I managed to see every game this season that Freddy Eastwood has not scored in, I've not actually seen him score since March 2007. Tomorrow, definitely.

Don't think we will see Timlin start yet. Give him a couple more weeks then he should be ready to go.

Maybe Woodrow in for Corr, also Clifford might be dropped with Hurst on the right and Atkinson moved to the middle.

i think we'll start with this :

...........................................BENTLEY..................................
WHITE..................PHILLIPS..................PROSSER.........COKER
HURST...............ATKINSON.................LEONARD........STRAKER
.........................EASTWOOD............CORR.............................

and we' ll finish with :

..........................................BENTLEY....................................
AUGER..................WHITE.................PROSSER..........COKER
HURST................ATKINSON.............LEONARD........TIMLIN
..........................CORR............WOODROW................

2.0 win , goals from Corr & Woodrow

I hope I am wrong, but it's will be a frustring 1-1 draw with that lot! It's a shame I won't make it as I am away in Eastbourne to visit my friends from Moscow - I see if I can tempt her to come and watch Southend in future - we are one of few polish & Russian that really get on very well :p given our country past history!

I hope I am wrong, but it's will be a frustring 1-1 draw with that lot! It's a shame I won't make it as I am away in Eastbourne to visit my friends from Moscow - I see if I can tempt her to come and watch Southend in future - we are one of few polish & Russian that really get on very well :p given our country past history!

who drinks who under the table ?

Back