• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

......or explain to me what he exactly means about round pegs and round holes, I'd be delighted.

I think he (Browny) is going to get "the lads" putting up some tents (or even a marquee) on the pitch using some round pegs in already created round holes (not the holes for the goal posts surely?)

Don't think the groundsman is going to like it ....................:blush:

I've just had a listen to PB's post match talk last night and there were some comments made concerning next Friday's game. He was asked about how Barnard performed and if he would come into his thinking for Friday night. Interpreting his words, he indicated that two Saturday games were following and the time between them would enable us to find out all we need to know about Lee..........how he'll fit in with the other players etc. etc. From that I would imagine it extremely unlikely that he'll be handed a start..........with the news about Woodrow perhaps that will change.....there again perhaps he had that info already? Anyway, to paraphrase what he then briefly went on to say:-

"I'm not tinkering with systems and not tinkering with players. I'll be puting out me strongest team I can possibly put out on Friday and if that's everybody's round pegs and round holes and we take Newport on and get the three points, then it's a great point here tonight."

I think that means he may try and put out an unchanged side.......if they can still stand on their feet! If anyone else can offer a different interpretation ......or explain to me what he exactly means about round pegs and round holes, I'd be delighted.
I think this explains it more graphically

Attachments

• square_peg_in_round_hole.jpg
    square_peg_in_round_hole.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 5
Yes. It says Freddy is still very much part of Brown's plans and he will play more of a part now Woodrow has gone back.

I must admit that im getting a little worried about if the game will even go ahead. Yes I know that the pitch drains very well but it hasnt stopped raining for days. It didnt look that good for the hull game, now with loads more water going through it it might not be able to cope. Perhaps a weekend off would do the players good as well.

Pouring down now and heavy rain forecast for Friday evening. Doesn`t look good and a heavy pitch might not suit us. Newport will be fresher so a break might be best.

The rain should slowly die out after lunch today. Then mainly dry overnight and tomorrow morn/afternoon.

BUT, it looks like ****ing down from around 5pm tomorrow eve, along with strong winds.

So there must be some doubt creeping in...

Hope the Ref does an early inspection (noon) to give it the thumbs up or down to make sure there is enough time to stop the players and any supporters making their way up the M4, we could do with a rest and then be back with a fully recovered team.

To be honest would not be upset if it was off as some of the boys looked tired on Tuesday and could do with a break!

I was at the daggers game and I genuinely believe some of the lads need a rest. Especially Atkinson, possibly Lenny too. The problem is Lenny has been that influential that leaving him out is painful for the team. So with this in mind I would change formation slightly.....4-4-1-1
Bentley
white prosser phillips Coker
Hurst Lenny Timlin Straker
Freddy
Barnard

P.S. I also would mess my pants if freddy and Barney played together.........moistgasm

Last edited:
Yes. It says Freddy is still very much part of Brown's plans and he will play more of a part now Woodrow has gone back.

As has been suggested earlier, play Barnard for 60 mins and then bring on Freddie....gives them both "game-time", improves their match fitness and gives us fresh options, more opportunities ?

I live close to the ground and the rain started here last night about 9 pm and its only just stopping now .. my lawn ( which is decent but not Roots Hall standard ) is under water I tried to kick a ball on it just now and it went about 2 feet ... any more rain and the game must be in doubt ... hope they take into consideration the forecast which is terrible for tomorrow night and the fact that fans are travelling on a Friday evening to get to the game ...Personally with my SUFC hat on this will be our third game in six days (if its played) on bogs of a pitch and the evening off might be the way to go ... newport will be miles fresher than us given their lack of games tomorrow night

Back