• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we were to win on Saturday expect celebrations at end of the game as a win would mean we are safe from relegation, which was season's aim.

And if you lose at least you won't have far to go home, so it's a win/win by the sound of things!

Hard work is the key plus every player in every position knows his position when we have the ball and when we don't. Bit worried about state of your pitch as we do like to pass the ball.

Paul Hurst's signing tend to be players hungry to improve not older players which we were signing before.

Also clearly players get on well together

The player who really impressed me at your place was the 22 Nsiala?....very strong all round especially in the air. Reads the game and has the pace to cover others.

He would definitely be in my L1 elven (chosen from games I've seen) He looks like he enjoys the challenge and will do his best to spoil Rangers day.......My kind of defender.

Junior Brown is injured left back, out for season with knee injury. Added a lot to attack.

Settled side has been great, players know what each other are doing. We know how we are trying to score goals which makes a change. All players work very hard when we don't have the ball. Don't expect your back four to have anytime on the ball as we will be looking to close them down. Second goal against Portsmouth shows this to a tee.

Generally starting eleven only has two or three loan players but all three of these guys have really bought into the Club. Goal keeper had several different hair dos until he shaved it all off for local hospice. Wasn't allowed to play in FA Cup so last round he went into the crowd during second half collecting money and signing autographs. Got to "singers" got them to be quiet he then started different songs off. Last minute winner away to Rotherham he jumped into the away end to celebrate. Stewards didn't have a clue what to do about that :smile:

Will be interesting to see how much Wigan took out of us on Tuesday, as Bury defeat was following similiar effort at Rotherham.

Whatever happens from here on in won't forget this season.

If we were to win on Saturday expect celebrations at end of the game as a win would mean we are safe from relegation, which was season's aim.

Great post, that and always good to have an informed oppo view ahead of the match.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your guys set-up and perform but, like you say, togetherness and organization are crucial and are often things totally under-estimated in football, but are the bedrocks to success.

Last edited:
As I scry with my crystal ball, not saying what the other one is made of, I see the clouds of time parting and in the distance stands fortress Roots Hall. Ron, our Fossett founding father, stands with arms outstretched in welcome and bouffant flapping like a wheelie bin lid in a force eight gale. He is mouthing something, I can't quite hear it over the sound of falling paintwork. Then he shouts. Yes, yes, I hear it now. He predicts tomorrows outcome. His face contorts and takes on the visage of Munch's scream. His now bellowing tones rip through the wind like a banshee with microwaved love eggs inserted. 'The crowd will be down,' he screams, ' It is the last you will see of Lenny, my boy Phil will be his usual apoplectic self and the outcome will be, the outcome will be, the outcome...' His final words are lost beneath the tumultuous rumble of an earthquake, which turned out to be a Ben Clarkson fart, but if I read his lips correctly, Ron predicted a million to him and F'all to anyone else? Not quite sure what he means but I will give my ball a shine with some Windolene and have another butchers later.

It will be an interesting encounter youngsters v oldies . Who will win the battle ? Obviously i am biased in my 2-0 to blues prediction, but whatever this should be a good game !
Hard work is the key plus every player in every position knows his position when we have the ball and when we don't. Bit worried about state of your pitch as we do like to pass the ball.

Paul Hurst's signing tend to be players hungry to improve not older players which we were signing before.

Also clearly players get on well together

blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/95986/southend-away-match-thread

I didn't realise we were playing Barcelona. Honestly been decent for half a season and now world beaters. I hope PB shows the players this before Saturdays game.

blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/95986/southend-away-match-thread

I didn't realise we were playing Barcelona. Honestly been decent for half a season and now world beaters. I hope PB shows the players this before Saturdays game.

Don't really see what's wrong with that, I'm pretty sure fans on here have said similar things in promotion chasing seasons when we're playing a mid-table side.

Chris Phillips‏Verified account @CJPhillips1982
Hearing that there’s a late fitness test for a Blues midfielder today.

Presume he means Wright after he went off injured the other day.

Chris Phillips‏Verified account @CJPhillips1982
Hearing that there’s a late fitness test for a Blues midfielder today.

Presume he means Wright after he went off injured the other day.
Lets hope it’s Kightly-I think they’ve said he might be available.

Back