• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That's the difference at this level. Last season we could get away with having lots of possession but just passing sideways and backwards but not this season. We have possession and pass it nicely but the tempo is TOO SLOW and not urgent enough, and the off-the-ball movement in front of the player in possession not good or clever enough. This is why we don't score. Our style of play is nice but slow and too easy to defend against. As I said, we got away with it last season but L1 defences and midfields are tougher. We could add a 20-goal-a-season striker but as far as I'm concerned without a quicker, more urgent and more penetrative style of play and without some more intelligent movement and vision, we will flatter to deceive all season in this division

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too slow ? You obviously weren't there either, Worrall, Coker and Weston ran them ragged today, not often I say we were unlucky but we were today.

Too slow ? You obviously weren't there either, Worrall, Coker and Weston ran them ragged today, not often I say we were unlucky but we were today.

Yes, too slow. Worrall, Weston and Coker can run about quick with or without the ball, and huff and puff all they want. But the tempo/forward direction of our passing and the speed/intelligence of our runs off the ball are just not there. I don't think that's the players. I think that's the style and mentality that is coached into them on the training pitch day in-day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some on here are truly nuts,we are far too slow with the ball and Town had us covered apart from fleeting moments.

We are in trouble.

If passing it back and forth across the back is classed as dominating then fair enough. Swindon were superior to us

How were they better than us, scored from the only chance I remember them having. When they scored there was a chant of we are going to score in a minute going on :smile:

If we were only going sideways and across the back how did we end up having nearly twice the shots? How did we end up with 8 corners compared to their zero?

What they were better at was putting the ball in the net when they got the chance rather than wasting chances like we did.

We may not have dominated the game but we were massively unlucky to lose that.

If Hunt scored from 4 yard, it's be a different story, let move on. PB know the problem. I am not panicked yet, ask me again after 10 games.

If Hunt scored from 4 yard, it's be a different story, let move on. PB know the problem. I am not panicked yet, ask me again after 10 games.

Hunt had a decent chance, but though Paynes was easier. Either go in and we go onto win that game. Pigott and Weston also had good chances later on too.

Thats the higher league for you, get punished.

We need to play at home like we're the home team and play two strikers!! Think Brown calling Payne last year his mini Messi has gone to his head cos he might beat one man but then tries taking them all on instead of passing then loses it! :thumbdown:

Is it? The league table is opinion? One goal in 5 games is opinion?

If the comment was we are in the bottom 3 and only scored one goal then its fact. Thats not what he said though.

We are 4 games in and were good enough to get two away draws (one at Fleetwood where Col U got smashed 4-0).

Walsall we were terrible but today we matched Swindon and were unlucky not to get anything.

Results have to improve but to just throw in the towel already is bizarre. Might as well say Leicester have won the premier league, after all thats not opinion.

I don't think it's throwing the towel in already it's just the way it's going to be ,we have a coach that is just *****

I don't think it's throwing the towel in already it's just the way it's going to be ,we have a coach that is just *****

Its 4 games.

The same **** coach got us 84 points last season so lets see if he can improve things before giving up.

Its 4 games.

The same **** coach got us 84 points last season so lets see if he can improve things before giving up.

The difference last season was we scraped a lot of wins by the odd goal, already this season we have competed well against two strong sides at home, failed to score and got punished. We can not afford to keep missing these chances. Today the game could have been won and then with their one really clear cut chance they buried it yet for all our huffing and puffing we couldn't finish off the good work. PB needs to address this, just not sure he knows how to

Its 4 games.

Agree. People behind me telling Brown to go already.

Idiots.

If it was 20 games then they'd have a point. But its 4.

I rarely come on here after a defeat, but I do love the melt down.

Back