• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend Utd 0-1 Forest Green Rovers

Oxley 7
Bwomono 7
White 8
Hobson 7
Kyprianou 8 MOTM
Dieng 7
Demetriou 6
Egbri 7
Olayinka 8
Goodship 5
Rush 7

Coker 7
McCormack 6

Good battling display, another day would have got a point. Just so lacking in potency up top.
Well done Kyps after last minute call up.

Didn't think it was Dieng, or at least it certainly didn't look like him. Possibly Demi or JW then.

Just read Chris Phillips - he reckons it was Demi....
I might have been muddling another incident after I found the audio when the screen went blank .

Oxley 7
Bwomono 7
White 8
Hobson 7
Kyprianou 8 MOTM
Dieng 7
Demetriou 6
Egbri 7
Olayinka 8
Goodship 5
Rush 7

Coker 7
McCormack 6

Good battling display, another day would have got a point. Just so lacking in potency up top.

Can’t argue with any of that

Oxley 7
Bwomono 7
White 8
Hobson 7
Kyprianou 8 MOTM
Dieng 7
Demetriou 6
Egbri 7
Olayinka 8
Goodship 5
Rush 7

Coker 7
McCormack 6

I am just bemused by your ratings. We lost to a rubbish team. We were basically clueless yet you give players 7's and 8's i know it is just about opinions on here but those stagger me.

Oxley, White, Demi, Elvis and Olayinka offer something: Hobson worries me when he prods the ball 15 yards ahead of him; and the rest are not good enough.

Is Kyps fully fit? Assuming, he's not, he gets the benefit of the doubt.

Oxley 7
Bwomono 7
White 8
Hobson 7
Kyprianou 8 MOTM
Dieng 7
Demetriou 6
Egbri 7
Olayinka 8
Goodship 5
Rush 7

Coker 7
McCormack 6

Agree but think you rated Rush too high. On par with Goidship, both average 5 at best.

Oxley 7
Bwomono 7
White 8
Hobson 7
Kyprianou 8 MOTM
Dieng 7
Demetriou 6
Egbri 7
Olayinka 8
Goodship 5
Rush 7

Coker 7
McCormack 6

Pretty much how I saw it , we were competitive , aggressive, busy and compact And played to our strengths and never took chances in our half or over played , all the things That have been missing for the past 2 months

Disappointed with the result but positive around the performance - Kyps deserves to keep his place

We competed with Forest Green who are one of the top teams in the division. We should have taken the lead but Matt Rush had a mare with the goal at his mercy, and no doubt he will have sleepless nights over that miss. A draw would have been a fair result. Onwards to Bolton.....

Oxley 6 - Didn't have much to do really. Slightly more than their 'keeper though.

Bwomono 6 - Linked up okay on the right. Doesn't fill you with confidence that he will offer much going forward. Nice run to set up Rush up for what should have been his first goal for us.

White 7 MOTM - Makes such a difference at the back. Team instantly looks more solid.

Hobson 5 - Usual lumbering self. Didn't do much wrong.

Kyprianou 6- Did well coming in late notice. Similar to Elvis, you never felt he would offer much as a wing back.

Dieng 6 - Should have scored at the end but otherwise a reasonably solid performance.

Demetriou 5 - Didn't impact the game.

Egbri 7 - I like him. Tries to make things happen. Not much came off but at least he tried.

Olayinka 7 - Oozes talent. Similarly to Egbri, he tries to make things happen. Some good runs in to the box.

Goodship 5 - Feel for him. Probably isn't good enough for this league, but then again not many of them are.

Rush 6 - Some good moments. Would have been a 7 or 8 had he taken his chance. Unfortunately, at any level you require strikers to take chances, and he didn't. Hope he gets more opportunities, and I am sure he will given our current situation.

Coker 5 - Didn't get in to the game.

McCormack 6 - Good old Macca.

Overall 6 - Just about. We aren't good enough. We will be going down.

I am just bemused by your ratings. We lost to a rubbish team. We were basically clueless yet you give players 7's and 8's i know it is just about opinions on here but those stagger me.
I agree.
Remove the energetic running about, and even for this league, the football was cack with players making the wrong decisions from first to last.
Paul Clarke said it all when he reckoned we stood stone still when we should be anticipating a cross; a ball in, or a pass.
It's either an embargo lift, or we're done.

I agree.
Remove the energetic running about, and even for this league, the football was cack with players making the wrong decisions from first to last.
Paul Clarke said it all when he reckoned we stood stone still when we should be anticipating a cross; a ball in, or a pass.
It's either an embargo lift, or we're done.

I think we are done regardless of what happens with the embargo. Would require more than 2 new players to bring the required quality in to this team.

Another tough one to take. FGR offered absolutely nothing, nothing at all.

Other than the obvious miss I thought Matty Rush actually played quite well, a real nice splitting pass across to Egbri on the right. I in fact would have kept him on.

Goodship was well...Badship tonight. Harsh I know.

A positive for me was Harry Kyprianou, came back in late notice and really got stuck in, reminded me of the old Kyp. Really pleased for him.

Really not sure how to feel about Bolton away on Saturday, is what it is I suppose.
I just think that we need some grownups playing up front, not untried kids who work on percentages

Back