• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend Utd 1-2 Cambridge Utd

Q the violins!! That's all great but isnt this about playing football? And football ability? Hes not good enough and no way should he be starting for sufc not with the players we have now! Ok,When we was short of bodies he was needed but that was the only reason,I really dont know how he got signed up other then panic and desperation.
No violins needed shrimpet. Everyone's entitled to an opinion about a players skills and if good enough for the team. Yours just differs to mine that's all. Maybe he got signed because the experienced Phil Brown knows more about it than you or I.
He's in the current squad along with all the others so MM can use him or not, as he sees fit.

Every game this season he has been niggly and argumentative to all referee's just because he has slowed up and is very negative in his play. Good on him if he does as you say with the kids but imo he isn't a very good midfielder and constant arguing with the officials is doing us no favours!
Well that's kind of his role in defensive central mid i think. To niggle break up play and stop the opposition's flow. I agree that at times he argues too much, but sometimes for the greater good like stopping Sam getting a second yellow along with JW and Macca. Not always needed as much as he does probably, so a valid criticism definitely.
I think when at right back or wide right there wasn't so much niggling but always stood his ground and took no nonsence. Unfortunately that central role means more foot in tackles which probably leads to more verbals. However, id take a verbal player over a quiet one anyday.

No violins needed shrimpet. Everyone's entitled to an opinion about a players skills and if good enough for the team. Yours just differs to mine that's all. Maybe he got signed because the experienced Phil Brown knows more about it than you or I.
He's in the current squad along with all the others so MM can use him or not, as he sees fit.
Exactley that's what worries me

For both goals when the ball is played it looks like hart has two players to mark which is potentially why he is not positioned correctly?
I think the first one is mainly bad positioning on his part. The second one a bit more dubious as the centre backs look bunched and disorganised but he's also stepped up just before the ball is played which he doesn't need to be doing.

For both goals when the ball is played it looks like hart has two players to mark which is potentially why he is not positioned correctly?

Part of that would be down to the 532 or 352 formation. It offers little cover down the wing though alternatively allows wing back to go forward with no one in the way.

Agree....at least 3 in front of him for a start, bloke is a slow liability. Look at that ridiculous hatchet job he done on that bloke for his Country, ball was nowhere in sight. As for that ridiculous dive last night, embarrassing. Nasty little rat ars e cause he can’t keep up but another M.M favourite so he’ll stay a regular!

He’s put his body on the line time and time again for this club... for OUR club. And this is the respect he deserves?

He’s not the best player we’ve got, sure, but what he brings to the team and squad often goes unnoticed.

Oh, and as for moaning at referees, sometimes a referees’ ineptitude needs bringing up;

0435D7CC-B245-495E-8D3D-2D075F02D885.jpeg

Back