• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend Utd 3-0 Solihull Moors FC

Kensdales cross was delightful for the first goal. Taylors pass to Powell for the second was class, as was Cardwells run, turn and finish and Bridgres run and goal was sublime

At least Murphy gestured an apology for denying Husin a goal.......

Dominant performance by the lads. Well done.

Still can't work out if it's luck or skill from Cards to get the opportunity on 34 secs, but he defo didn't need the extra touch which narrowed the angle too much

Bridge is way too good at this level , how he’s not attracting league 2 clubs

At least Murphy gestured an apology for denying Husin a goal.......

Dominant performance by the lads. Well done.
Equally importantly, he was sharp and on it as soon as he got the pass. Yep, Husin was the better option but when you're a single minded hitman, you go for it.

Lovely to see us dominate a game and create so many chances.
Powell is the most frustrating player ever. Can’t finish well, but things happen when he is playing.
Well done team!

Lovely to see us dominate a game and create so many chances.
Powell is the most frustrating player ever. Can’t finish well, but things happen when he is playing.
Well done team!
Powell is an interesting one. Yes he misses a shed load of chances and needs to keep his composure but .. we look a much better team with him in it and he unsettles defences. Also opens up space for others with his runs. I’d definitely persevere with him and Cardwell in the side. Murphy too but can we accommodate all 3? Mooney to return too. Kev’s dilemma not mine thank goodness!

Disappointed they didn’t show more of the move for Cardwell’s goal. Hopefully they’ll stick that out as a Maher-ball clip on its own.

Was disappointed they didn’t include the Powell chance after the goalmouth scramble at our end. It looked a similar (perhaps even better?) chance to the Cardwell one from the East.

Bridge is way too good at this level , how he’s not attracting league 2 clubs

There was L2 scouts watching the game. They had nice seats where the away Directors and staff normally sit. Seems its not just Solihull fans that don't travel.

Disappointed they didn’t show more of the move for Cardwell’s goal. Hopefully they’ll stick that out as a Maher-ball clip on its own.

Here we go

Key man here is Jack Bridge. He makes this goal with his movement three times drawing defenders away to give his teammates time/space to pick a pass. It may not seem a lot but this is the difference between a team short of confidence struggling to break down a side passing the ball along the backline and getting in behind a defence. Lovely stuff.

Equally importantly, he was sharp and on it as soon as he got the pass. Yep, Husin was the better option but when you're a single minded hitman, you go for it.
Had it not been 3-0 at the time I think I would have been very frustrated.

Had it not been 3-0 at the time I think I would have been very frustrated.
Totally agree, but if it had, for example, been goalless, then I would hope he would have had enough nous to slip the ball to Husin.

Back