• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
There's a bit of contention as to whether this is a 'real' first team game or not. After yesterday's fiasco I reckon there could be a few more 1st teamers on show than there would have been if we had beaten or drawn with Yeovil.

This game also has a bit of an edge as it's against our odd cousins from the north of the County and they got dicked at home by non-league opposition, so both sides probably have something to prove at managerial level to their respective chairmen.

I'm not going to attempt a team selection yet, I'm going to wait for more words of wisdom from PB first, but I am going to predict that there will be a result though. There ya go, now back to yesterday's fall-out posts -such fun!!

I guess there is some crumbs of comfort that Col Ewe had a worse result than us, yesterday!

We have to field four outfield from yesterday anyway, I think. Or four we will use in the next game.

My gut feeling is the 2 x JW's, Fortune and Tims might be the four.

Add in Yearwood, Elvis, Ranger (possibly), McL, McG and Turner?

I am really looking forward to this; there are now big question marks over the team and management PLUS a funding run in this competition is increasingly important.
Will PB keep to the finishing 11 from Saturday or not?
I am hoping we can see some more of Yearwood, Bridge & maybe Mr Turner and Hendrie.
With the Oldham game "off" then rest is not such an important issue as all have got the weekend off already.

I am in my usual ST seat but hope I won't have a potty mouth moaner(s) nearby in the places of the regular nice folk.

Anyone know how far off Harry Kyp is? Can't remember an update recently for an indication. We've got to try something else at LB, it's not working as it is. If Turner is fit, then I want to see Johnny White over there until either Harry is back or Hendrie is ready.

I think this is a "must win" to restore some pride, so do expect a fair number to play, especially as they have the weekend off. Woody was clearly not fit yesterday so don't expect him to feature in the starting line up.

Oxley
Demi, Turner, Anton, White
Glash, Lenny, Yearwood, Macca
Ranger, Ba

2,188 home tickets sold so far, not including freebies, directors etc. So might get near 3,000.

This will be like one of the local derbies with them in the 1980's when were lucky to get 3,000 for a league game. Mind you apart from the bizarre 8,120 crowd on a Tuesday night in 1985/6 season.

There's a bit of contention as to whether this is a 'real' first team game or not. After yesterday's fiasco I reckon there could be a few more 1st teamers on show than there would have been if we had beaten or drawn with Yeovil.

This game also has a bit of an edge as it's against our odd cousins from the north of the County and they got dicked at home by non-league opposition, so both sides probably have something to prove at managerial level to their respective chairmen.

I'm not going to attempt a team selection yet, I'm going to wait for more words of wisdom from PB first, but I am going to predict that there will be a result though. There ya go, now back to yesterday's fall-out posts -such fun!!

It's on BBC Essex (if not ifollow) so it must be a first team game.:winking:

2,188 home tickets sold so far, not including freebies, directors etc. So might get near 3,000.

This will be like one of the local derbies with them in the 1980's when were lucky to get 3,000 for a league game. Mind you apart from the bizarre 8,120 crowd on a Tuesday night in 1985/6 season.

It's still a derby against our rivals, disappointing effort from our fans if less than 5/6k.

Personally I want to be them whether it's the League, Checkatrade, U 18's, even a radio contest on Essex FM.....they are our rivals, end of

On Chris's ticket sale link it has the sales at over 3,000 as we speak

It's still a derby against our rivals, disappointing effort from our fans if less than 5/6k.

Personally I want to be them whether it's the League, Checkatrade, U 18's, even a radio contest on Essex FM.....they are our rivals, end of

On Chris's ticket sale link it has the sales at over 3,000 as we speak

We probably wouldnt even get 5/6k for an FA cup game let alone Checkatrade.

Don't include the tickets 'sold' in the West family stand they are not for sale & have not sold out.

Personally I want to be them whether it's the League, Checkatrade, U 18's, even a radio contest on Essex FM.

..... suit yourself. I don't !

I am really looking forward to this; there are now big question marks over the team and management PLUS a funding run in this competition is increasingly important.
Will PB keep to the finishing 11 from Saturday or not?
I am hoping we can see some more of Yearwood, Bridge & maybe Mr Turner and Hendrie.
With the Oldham game "off" then rest is not such an important issue as all have got the weekend off already.

I am in my usual ST seat but hope I won't have a potty mouth moaner(s) nearby in the places of the regular nice folk.

We're coming over from the West Stand for the game. We'll do our best to behave.

Make sure you dress accordingly.

We don't normally allow the hoi polloi in the East Stand.

Make sure you dress accordingly.

We don't normally allow the hoi polloi in the East Stand.

We'll be soberly dressed, no colours or anything like that. I did think about trying to get hold of an SUFC baseball cap dating back to the mid 80's or earlier as that appeared to be the majority choice of headwear on our last visit to the east. Obviously there was also the obligatory ability to shout 'Harrumph, you're rubbish Brown' but I'm not doing that.

wouldn't be surprised if PB puts the same side as Saturday with possibility of Turner coming in. we don't have a game next Saturday unless of course the club have arranged something

I would make few change & rest players who is carrying knocks. We need a right mixture & put Turner at the back with Wright coming in midfield & maybe make change on wide area & up front.

I think we should start with our strongest team (ok whatever that is) but they have next weekend off and this a derby AND the only cup competition we have left, let’s go for it :thumbsup:

Full strength line up please. Unless Hendrie is fit, it has to be Timlin I guess. I'd like to see Wabo and turner on the bench and maybe get some game time

I would not be surprised if Turner starts next to Anton with JW at LB.

Back