• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Rotherham Utd 14th December 2019 15:00 hrs ko.

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Saturday?

• Total voters

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Next up Rotherham at Roots Hall. Quite simply, we need to play as we did in the first half against Bristol, only this time make it last for 90 minutes. Can we do that? Saturday will give us the answer.

You all know what to do, off you go.

Just to let you know you have Elvis listed twice with separate votes showing on both.

"Why you little! ..."

giphy.gif

Next up Rotherham at Roots Hall. Quite simply, we need to play as we did in the first half against Bristol, only this time make it last for 90 minutes. Can we do that? Saturday will give us the answer.

You all know what to do, off you go.
If we do play like that for 90 mins we'll throw any lead we have in added time a lose. Need to play out of our skins until the final whistle. ?

Can't see it happening, can you?

(This is an invitation to be proved wrong come full time)

I know the Rotherham manager from years ago as I went to Norwich v southend with him years ago when he played for Wigan and other clubs and he always looks forward to coming here as he always seems to do well at roots hall so I’m not expecting much, things must change soon tho and his luck coming here so I think we will Snatch this one 2-1:Thumbs up:

Hell, its hard to pick X1 from that bunch...

Almost picked Lennon!

one thing for sure is young Bish needs a rest, and taken out of the firing line (quite literally) or he will get dragged down and it will hinder his development
So, could be time to give Ox another go. Last chance Mark, perform or bye bye in January. Personally I think he’s a decent bloke and pretty decent keeper, who needs a chance to rectify those mistakes and boost his confidence.

Reckon we could scrape a draw here. 2-2 with Hopper and Rushy on the scoresheet

Only 4 votes for Coxy!
Only but a few weeks ago he was 1st name on the team sheet for most, how can have things capitulated so rapidly for him?

Cant see him being here post Jan...

Only 4 votes for Coxy!
Only but a few weeks ago he was 1st name on the team sheet for most, how can have things capitulated so rapidly for him?

Cant see him being here post Jan...

I picked him, as well.

Left out a couple of fans favourites, though.

Is there any possibility that we could play the second half first? Get it out of the way and at least leave the ground having seen a good first half of football second.... anyone still with me ...Nope? Ill get me coat

I can see Cox being let go, Oxley too. Sol’s recent selections seem to indicate neither are in his long term plans. Make of that what you wish.
More than likely freeing up some big wages, I can remember when oxley signed his contract it was a very good offer to warm off Millwal, cox must be on a tidy sum also.

Unless we can perform like the first half (or at least close to it ) last Saturday for at least 75 mins I fear we are in for a pasting. Rotherham are a big side and we could easily crumble. Going for a 4.1 loss.

Love to be proved wrong.

I can see Cox being let go, Oxley too. Sol’s recent selections seem to indicate neither are in his long term plans. Make of that what you wish.
More than likely freeing up some big wages, I can remember when oxley signed his contract it was a very good offer to warm off Millwal, cox must be on a tidy sum also.

Back