• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Rotherham Utd 14th December 2019 15:00 hrs ko.

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Saturday?

• Total voters
Just out of curiosity do you come on this forum to just remind yourself that there's always someone worse off than yourself, no malice in that just wondering. More fans of other clubs should come on here to laugh at us. We're making history and it needs to be recognised.

No, Sunderland are in a far worse position than Southend relatively speaking. The majority of our history has been in the top-flight. This is only the third season we've spent below the second tier since we entered the league in 1890. You're having a horrible time at the moment but over half of your history has been at the lowest level of league football so a relegation fight is less surprising than the position we're in.
It's only just beginning to dawn on many of our supporters that we might be down here for a long time. Our club's a total mess in every department; ownership, management and players.
I believe Southend United on the other hand are on the eve of a golden period. I'm always interested when any managerial vacancy occurs and was delighted when you appointed Sol. He is the complete opposite of Phil "dull as dishwater" Parkinson. I am following events at Southend closely now. I'll be very interested in the business Sol does next month. I'm sure you won't be making history once January is over unless it's a Houdini like escape.
Sunderland are very probably going to make a bit of history however with our worst ever season.
So I do not come on here to laugh at you, even if I was so inclined it would be rather "people in glass houses" of me. Let's all laugh at Sunderland has been a popular game for our friends on the North of The Tyne for a long time. No, I wish you good fortune and think it's coming your way. Even If you go down this season the next two or three years could be very exciting and enjoyable for you, providing you keep Sol. I just fear you might be passing us in an upwardly direction at some point.

Great post @ROKERITE

Nothing was meant by the OP and I would add that I like it when other team's posters are on here. We have a few and they are always eloquent and enlightening like yourself.

Except that Huddersfield guy we had on. He was an angry fella and no mistake!

Ps, We've had some excellent help too from other clubs including your own, with tips on pre-match drinking and so on.

Whichever way we look at it, we are all football nuts and like us lot, many suffer more than they enjoy, especially at the moment.

The ticket Stats routine reckons we have sold 4993 home tickets for Saturday. Add on a few hundred for the East Blue freeloaders, maybe 400 Rotherham and the gate will be just below 6k. Considering our results to date that ain't bad.

Last edited:
I've gone for:

Oxley
Elvis Kiernan Dieng Lennon
Hutchinson Mantom Demetriou McLaughlin
Hopper Humphries
Maybe Hopper won't last 90 minutes but if he could manage maybe 50 minutes that would be great. If he's not available I'd use Goodship to partner Humphrys. Mantom and Demi to play the holding positions with Mclaughin and Isaac supporting the front two. I've rested Bishop as he must be shell shocked by now.

Lennon's in my starting 11 as he has more experience than Taylor and he has pace.

The ticket Stats routine reckons we have sold 4993 home tickets for Saturday. Add on a few hundred for the East Blue freeloaders, maybe 400 Rotherham and the gate will be just below 6k. Considering our results to date that ain't bad.
I take it the home tickets sold includes all season ticket holders? If so think just below 6k in the ground will be more like below 5,500

100% behind the team ...

on the look out for the moaners and groaners.

Its a tough position to be in - lots of young players needing confidence not knocking ..

Bishop, Elvis, Hamilton, Hump, Taylor, Hutch,
Plenty of moaners and groaners they will be close, understandable with some players but you are 100% right on our young players. They do need encouragement. It’s only a small minority but I have become very angry how some people in the ground, not proper football fans, abuse our youngsters learning their trade. Not going tomorrow not because we’re crap but because I’ve had enough of the abusers and after a couple of incidents this season with negative people better I don’t go. Being a season ticket holder the club still has my money and support , more fans should tell the abusers to shut up and *uck off .

Sounds like Lennon is being brought back, with who's available I think I'd go:

Oxley

Kiernan Dieng Lennon

Elvis Demi Mantom McLaughlin

Hutchinson

Hopper Humphrys
Doesn't really matter who we pick though as we'll probably get spanked!

ECHOSPORT catches up with Rotherham United supporter Hannah Crossley ahead of the Millers’ trip to Roots Hall to face Southend United this weekend.

More...

#1 = I believe Southend United on the other hand are on the eve of a golden period.

#2 = I'm sure you won't be making history once January is over unless it's a Houdini like escape.

#3 = I just fear you might be passing us in an upwardly direction at some point.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 - :ROFL:

#2 - Come on, Our 2 teams have been here before :Smile:

#3 - :Stunned:

Unable to make it tomorrow, 2 tickets going if anyone wants to have them. Inbox me.

I've now got my football hat on and am looking forward to today.

We may be garbage at home, but there's nothing quite like a winter's afternoon at the football.

Hopeful of another improved performance, regardless of the result.

Well the wind is blowing here in Leigh .. perfect football weather .. and I’m looking forward to the game. For once, I hope that come 4.45 we’ve all got something positive to discuss rather than how awful we’ve been.

Apparently there's an issue with the trains on Greater Anglia due to a tree fall at Billericay.

Back