• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend Utd vs Southampton U21s -Checkatrade Trophy

Brilliant, hopefully Kelman will get a run out now.

Good first half.

Work rate excellent.

Well taken goal by Elvis.

Would like us to go 4-4-2 though. Bunn and Kites seem to be doing the same job

Dru impressive as ever.

HT 3-0.

I'm sure Powell knows what we all want to see happen.

I was thinking the exact same thing, technically he has a bit of a headache, does he settle for a 2nd place finish, or perhaps go strong for the other 2 goals and bring on more senior players such as Cox etc.

Personally, i hope the current team get 2 early goals in the 2nd half and takes that equation out of his mind.

Via Robert Craven:

Elvis didn’t score a competitive goal for the U18s in 63 appearances and hasn’t scored in 25 U23s games either, so it really was a special moment!

Wouldn't have minded seeing Yearwood come off with 15 minutes left if still winning by 3, but only Dieng on the bench in his position.

Back