• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend v. Tranmere - Match Preview

Should be a good game this - I would have thought Tranmere will have ambitions to win the game so there should be none of the long ball rubbish we saw from Brizzle.
I think Harrold should make way for Eric, we looked better at Brizzle when he came on.

Admittedly, I've only seen the highlights... but I can't believe that people aren't purring themselves silly about young Eric. From what I could see, he was instrumental in almost all of our good attacking moves at Vale Park and the Mem...

If we can sign him, then that would be another big coup... although if we can't, I can't help feeling that his loan deal here isn't really getting us very far in the long run...

Matt

Good preview Matt :) only thing I noticed was that the header of the page (the bit that you can read in your system tray along the bottom of your screen when SZ is minimised) says it is the Gillingham preview.

Like the milk ad pic ;)

Good preview Matt :) only thing I noticed was that the header of the page (the bit that you can read in your system tray along the bottom of your screen when SZ is minimised) says it is the Gillingham preview.

Like the milk ad pic ;)

**Notes that there's something else to attend to on Sunday night / Monday morning**

:cry:

Admittedly, I've only seen the highlights... but I can't believe that people aren't purring themselves silly about young Eric. From what I could see, he was instrumental in almost all of our good attacking moves at Vale Park and the Mem...

If we can sign him, then that would be another big coup... although if we can't, I can't help feeling that his loan deal here isn't really getting us very far in the long run...

Matt

I think you've summed up his situation pretty much perfectly there.

I think Tilly would love to sign him but he seems highly rated at Leicester and I can't imagine they would let him go. This leaves Tilson with the potential problem of having strikers on the books who just haven't scored any league goals this season. Even with Clarke, we risk getting in to a decent position and then not having anyone with any form to step up to help our push. It seems that until we're more certain about the future of either Clarke or Odhiambo, we can't start with both of them. Then again, if they are the current best two strikers at the club or the combination most likely to win a game of football, can we afford not to play them both?

One final thing worth mentioning on Odhiambo is that it's always easier for pacy players coming on when they are following a more physical player. I have little doubt that Harrold would have tired his marker and eased the way somewhat for Odhiambo.

One final thing worth mentioning on Odhiambo is that it's always easier for pacy players coming on when they are following a more physical player. I have little doubt that Harrold would have tired his marker and eased the way somewhat for Odhiambo.

very good point. whatever your opinion of Harrold, it's difficult to deny that he at least makes his marker work hard- the balance Tilly has to get right (and it's not an easy decision) is between that and the advantages of having Eric on earlier to give him more time to acclimatise/make an impact.

Back