• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
The Blues team? How are the injured players doing? Will Laurent get a game for Northampton?

Most importantly though who many will we spank then Cobblers by? You may have guessed I don't like them. Used to go to Uni there at a time they were a division above us and the locals never let me forget it.

I'm going for 3-0. Corr plus the Jedi & theBeard on the scoresheet.

UTB!

Good news is that it looks like their 2 main strikers Harrad and Mckenzie are out. Bad news Laurent could play and we know on his day he can be unplayable.

Sounds like Kane and Corr are 50/50 ,Grant and Phillips definitely out. Sturrock said we missed Kane so sure they will do everything to get him fit. Also says theyve had some sickness and diarrhoea going about. Could be another chance for Comminges, Sores and Sawyer to impress.

They have drawn their last 5 games, their overall away record is pretty crap though.

lets get mark bentley back in on loan as he ia available now and could do a job in this league against northampton, southend 2-1 win in front of 5,892 fans.

Another hardfight coming up and hope we are not as lethargic as Tuesday. I feel a draw, and watch another ex player put one past us!!

Thought that we would top 6000 on Saturday but looking at the history of attendences this season, that may be difficult. I suppose it will depend on how many extra our recent batch of good results can draw in and also on how many Cobblers fans will come down.
Funny how, in a relatively short period of time, we have transformed things, from concerning ourselves about 'League survival', to being promotion candidates! Of course that all makes for rather more stress, with the importance of not dropping too many points in our push up the table. Since I've stopped giving predictions we have done rather well ............so I'm not going to start again. Suffice it to say, that the match which gives me greatest concern is that little trip to Lincolnshire next month.

Living in Northampton makes this game a stand out on the fixture list for me, they have drawn their last 5 games and are there for the taking IMO. On their day they are pretty good but their day isn't very often. No easy games but would like to win this one.

Laurent is definitely in the frame to play so it will be interesting to see, hope he's not given too hard a time. With those players missing though I think we should win, I said 3-1 on Tuesday and it was 2-1 so I'll try again and say 3-1 - Hall and Corr, Hall probably getting 2. Wouldn't surprise me if Franny scores against us though.

Got a bad feeling about this one, think all the recent games & injuries could finally take their toll. I can sense a defeat but will go for 1-1 to try and maintain some positivity..

Laurent up against Gilbert is really worrying me but i think we can still scrape a win 2-1 from me

Im going for an extremely hard 2-1 win.

Hall and Corr the scorers with a seasons best 5800 odd with 450 away fans.

The only time we will break the 6000 mark this season will be the upcoming game with gillingham where a crowd of 8k beckons as both of us hang on in with a chance of automatic promotion.

I think we'll almost certainly lose. We were a massive bogey team for them in recent seasons so the law of averages suggests they'll do the double over us this time, and Laurent is bound to score. We'll need to play a lot better than we did on Tuesday.

Thought that we would top 6000 on Saturday but looking at the history of attendences this season, that may be difficult. I suppose it will depend on how many extra our recent batch of good results can draw in and also on how many Cobblers fans will come down.
Funny how, in a relatively short period of time, we have transformed things, from concerning ourselves about 'League survival', to being promotion candidates! Of course that all makes for rather more stress, with the importance of not dropping too many points in our push up the table. Since I've stopped giving predictions we have done rather well ............so I'm not going to start again. Suffice it to say, that the match which gives me greatest concern is that little trip to Lincolnshire next month.

We picked up 4 tickets using the 2 for £9.50 from The Sun a few other people may have done the same.

I'm going for 3-2 to the Shrimpers. Hall, Corr and Easton to get our goals, all of which will be scored in the first half. Northamptons goals will be scored in the second half as we hold on for the win. Will be a tight game in front of about 5,500.

Back