• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Space rocket launch tonight

It's a hell of a lot for what serves no real purpose. This is polluting the planet for the future entertainment of a few unimaginably rich dudes. NASA's space missions hoped to enrich human understanding rather than just a billionaire.

This was a NASA flight...

Probably a bit of both-though I've always been unmoved by space crap-Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this latest mission is privately financed too.

Couldn't have a more different view than that.

Always been fascinated by all things Space, hopefully this will be the start of more manned missions to the moon and the first to Mars. The possible discoveries to be made could be historic and the advancement of humanity could depend on it. But i suppose if you're only interested in the little bit of the world you inhabit then there's not much point to it.

Pushing the boundaries is what then human race should be doing

SpaceX is a privately funded organisation but they are jointly working with NASA to make it more financially viable to provide space travel. The reusable main stage fuel tanks are a work on genius in themselves.

I for one am not in to all this! Man landed on the moon the year I was born.
Can anyone tell me (and i seriously dont know)
How has space exploration helped us?
The massive cost and loss of life must be worth it I guess?
We are surrounded by water that hasn't been discovered?
Probably need to get out more but I can't ?

Google 'benefits of space exploration' and read through a few results - there's been one or two things of note ?

And pretty sure water has been discovered - explored ? Not so much....???

It's miniscule compared to the amount of money humanity has spent on trying to kill each other.

That 1969 moonshot did lead to the discovery of aluminum frying pans,apparently. :Winking:

It's a hell of a lot for what serves no real purpose. This is polluting the planet for the future entertainment of a few unimaginably rich dudes. NASA's space missions hoped to enrich human understanding rather than just a billionaire.

NASA has subcontracted their launch capabilities to the private sector in order to drive down the cost.

This isn't Elon Musk sending people into space for a laugh.

The cryogenic storage tanks on the Apollo command module where so well insulated that if you placed an ice cube inside it would take 7 years to melt. Cant think of any practical applications off the top of my head, but its very cool. Literally.

Last edited:
Back