• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
So my son has signed for a new team, his first participation is to play in a tournament at the ground of Colshite Utd, actually on the pitch. Even at ten years old he understands the rivalry to the extent that he said maybe he shouldn't play!

My question is should I go in my colours? If we go to Colchester Zoo, we wear our colours. But after this weekend am I tempting fate by walking around the Lego structure they call a stadium wearing my colours. As we drove up the M6 on Saturday my hope was, we win and go up, Colshite lose and go down, my dilemma wouldn't be a dilemma. Now I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hmmm tricky one, that. I'd suggest, no colours. Tell him he's on an undercover scouting mission to check out their playing surface. He can report back to PB with an insight into the pitch so that when our warriors play there next season we can stuff them :winking:

So my son has signed for a new team, his first participation is to play in a tournament at the ground of Colshite Utd, actually on the pitch. Even at ten years old he understands the rivalry to the extent that he said maybe he shouldn't play!

My question is should I go in my colours? If we go to Colchester Zoo, we wear our colours. But after this weekend am I tempting fate by walking around the Lego structure they call a stadium wearing my colours. As we drove up the M6 on Saturday my hope was, we win and go up, Colshite lose and go down, my dilemma wouldn't be a dilemma. Now I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. Any advice would be appreciated.

i think you'll be fine. my son grew up here and played for local teams from the age of 6 through to under 18's. He always went to training in his latest Southend shirt, to be honest you saw more Ipswich shirts then Col U shirts. He is now 20, 6 foot 6ins tall and weights about 110 kilos, funny nobody local questions where his loyalty lies!

Howdie, C & P. Haven't seen you on here in ages. I wonder why ??? :whistling:

Hello SK no not been on here much as you say, not because we have had a poor season I just haven't been posting much on any footy forums for the last year or two. I dropped by saw a few comments about our miracle survival in league one and got slightly hooked again! I have a Southend supporting brother in law so I do take an interest in how you lot get on.

"Post when you're winning, you only post win you're winning"....hence, why we haven't seen you much this season, more like...:winking:

....I do like the sound of your brother-in-law, though. Sounds a decent sort of chap :thumbsup:

Back