• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spirit of the north bank

This has reminded me to buy your two previous prints from ST. Can’t wait to get them.
Will definitely get this one too if it’s available.

They are so good.

Love it!

Brilliant!!!

Was it painted from a photo or memory/imagination? Love the detail (Marshall & Parsons will be very happy - especially as they were the first ever sponsors of a Southend home match) and the not over optimistic attendance in the West Stand and North West Corner.

Might have to add this one to the West Stand Entrance painting that misteriously seems to have been painted from my upstairs bedroom window!

At least this one has my roof and chimney stack in it!!!

WHAT A F***ING LIBERTY.

😉😉😉

Brilliant!!!

Was it painted from a photo or memory/imagination? Love the detail (Marshall & Parsons will be very happy - especially as they were the first ever sponsors of a Southend home match) and the not over optimistic attendance in the West Stand and North West Corner.

Might have to add this one to the West Stand Entrance painting that misteriously seems to have been painted from my upstairs bedroom window!

At least this one has my roof and chimney stack in it!!!

WHAT A F***ING LIBERTY.

😉😉😉
Thank you,👍 I did use a few old photo's for reference (Particularly in relation to the adverts so top marks to you for your knowledge on that one) but overall it is was painted mainly from my own personal memories of standing in the North Bank. However, during the era when we played in the kit illustrated in the painting (white with blue sleeves) I used to stand in the West stand with my dad so there is a slight twist in that respect. I didn't move to the north bank until the nineties.. and then the fence went up which I didn't want to include.

And regarding the elevated aspect on the West Stand entrance painting.. well it's always good to have a bit of mystery but maybe the old fake window cleaner came in to play! 😉

Ps.. I think your chimney is the best one!

Excellent, you're just missing the old boy who walked around the outside of the pitch yelling 'programme'.
I seem to remember there was also someone who walked around the pitch who looked like the darts player Jocky Wilson which usually prompted a chorus of ''one Jocky Wilson, there's only one Jocky Wilson.

Was thinking after today and only having the east open, maybe would be nice if for home FA trophy games we could have the north bank as the home end, and maybe give the away fans south lower or part of the east?? Might not work, but if the new stadium is going ahead would be nice to get in the north bank for a few games, would probably sell more tickets too

Was thinking after today and only having the east open, maybe would be nice if for home FA trophy games we could have the north bank as the home end, and maybe give the away fans south lower or part of the east?? Might not work, but if the new stadium is going ahead would be nice to get in the north bank for a few games, would probably sell more tickets too
I mentioned in a previous post that it would be great to have the north bank back as the home end for a season before we leave Roots Hall but maybe your suggestion is more realistic 👍

Back