• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Split the board!

How do you feel at the moment

• Total voters

SARF

Director
Maybe its time for a 'whingers' and 'rose coloured specs' split to the board.. rather than the constant arguing we could have a board of complaints and a board of positives.. people could switch between the 2 depending on how they feel.. the total numbers of posters on each board would reflect the true feelings of the fans.. I would do a poll but have no idea how to..

Maybe its time for a 'whingers' and 'rose coloured specs' split to the board.. rather than the constant arguing we could have a board of complaints and a board of positives.. people could switch between the 2 depending on how they feel.. the total numbers of posters on each board would reflect the true feelings of the fans.. I would do a poll but have no idea how to..

I do........:)

But what about those who rarely whinge but are concerned that with only one week before the start of the season only eight of our ten outfield positions can be filled?

Vive la difference I say...

Wouldn't have much to talk about if we all agreed with each other mate?

Ohh, but when I feel like a rant, I REALLY want a good rant so it would have to be a dual entry thing! Trouble is my rants aren't often anything to do with football anyway, come to think of it! The board's just got Gemini tendencies that's all, and we have to learn to live with it, just as those of us with Gemini partners have had to do also!

Vive la difference I say...

Wouldn't have much to talk about if we all agreed with each other mate?

melissa-theuriau.jpg

We all agree she is a fittie, and bet we could natter on for weeks about said fittie-ness. So i disagree mate... :D

I'm not unhappy, but I am concerned about the squad depth and the left-hand side in general. However I'll see how the next couple of weeks pans out before any panicking is done.

But what about those who rarely whinge but are concerned that with only one week before the start of the season only eight of our ten outfield positions can be filled?

If we only had 8 of of 10 outfield positions filled, how on earth have we played friendlies. We have enough to start the season and fill in the gaps with a couple of loan signings. There may even be a couple signings to come!!

God, are people STILL talking about this? If people want to rant, have a rant. If you want to be positive, be positive. If you want to talk about how Alan Partridge is the greatest comedy show ever (*cough cough*) then talk about how Alan Partridge is the greatest comedy show ever.

I just think all that needs to change is for a mod to start shutting down all the threads with a similar theme. If you've got a different perspective, fair enough whack up a new one, but 4 out of 5 of every SUFC related thread this week has descended into the same argument as the others within a page of posts.

Better to have a few bigger debates than 3,417 smaller pointless ones...

God, are people STILL talking about this? If people want to rant, have a rant. If you want to be positive, be positive. If you want to talk about how Alan Partridge is the greatest comedy show ever (*cough cough*) then talk about how Alan Partridge is the greatest comedy show ever.

I just think all that needs to change is for a mod to start shutting down all the threads with a similar theme. If you've got a different perspective, fair enough whack up a new one, but 4 out of 5 of every SUFC related thread this week has descended into the same argument as the others within a page of posts.

Exactly, except when I pointed this out on a particular thread, I got a load of patronising twaddle back and neg rep. Maybe we should just have a "moan" forum and a "who do we want to sign" forum for the close/transfer window seasons.

Exactly, except when I pointed this out on a particular thread, I got a load of patronising twaddle back and neg rep. Maybe we should just have a "moan" forum and a "who do we want to sign" forum for the close/transfer window seasons.

A "moan" or "rant" subforum is a great idea - somewhere to vent ones spleen without ****ing in any glass that is half full. Constructive criticism or discussion should always be welcome on the main board, though.

If we only had 8 of of 10 outfield positions filled, how on earth have we played friendlies. We have enough to start the season and fill in the gaps with a couple of loan signings. There may even be a couple signings to come!!

Left back and left midfield. Strictly 442. The diamond formation is merely an ideological smokescreen for RM to run the club into the ground.

In what way would it show the true feelings of the fans?

Very good point. But then there's not alot else to talk about i suppose.

I voted 'Mostly Happy' but i think i'm 'Mostly Happy but want some players sorted out' really.

If you consider where we were as short a time a go as 5 years, I think we should be very pleased with the preogress we have made

First team (2003) -

Flahavan, McSweeney, Cort, Hunt, Stuart, Gower, Smith, Maher, Jenkins, Bramble, Corbett. Subs: Emberson, Warren, Wilson, Broughton, Constantine.

First team (2008) -

Mildenhall, Franny, Clarkey, Barrett, gods knows, Scannell, Bailey, Macca, god knows, Walker, Barney. Subs: Joyce, Sankofa, moose, Foran, Furlong

If we fill the gaps, the squad now is so much better

Back