• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sean 2

Director
With the likely outcome of Ron giving the name of our stadium to the highest bidder,would it be totally out of our reach if we started clubbing together on here to sponsor the stadium ourselves??
Many a fan will be leaving Roots Hall with a heavy heart and fantastic memories.Memories also of great family ties,many of us having been taken there by our parents and subsequently we look to involve our own offspring to our love for the club.
Personally,i would love to have the new stadium named Roots Hall.The fans had a huge involvement in building the old ground and it would be superb and fitting to have that kind of involvement from the fans this time if we could be given the rights to it's name at least.

A stadium for the town,named by the fans.
Surely we have enough time to build a fund for this.Seemingly the shares issue on offer lately has recieved a muted response and i think this idea may appeal to the masses.Perhaps we could have the names of all contibutors placed at the ground?

I'd like your thoughts ladies and gentlemen.It's the best way in my opinion to keep the link with club and ourslves and something to pass to the next generation.Would the figures truly be out of our reach??

With the likely outcome of Ron giving the name of our stadium to the highest bidder,would it be totally out of our reach if we started clubbing together on here to sponsor the stadium ourselves??
Many a fan will be leaving Roots Hall with a heavy heart and fantastic memories.Memories also of great family ties,many of us having been taken there by our parents and subsequently we look to involve our own offspring to our love for the club.
Personally,i would love to have the new stadium named Roots Hall.The fans had a huge involvement in building the old ground and it would be superb and fitting to have that kind of involvement from the fans this time if we could be given the rights to it's name at least.

A stadium for the town,named by the fans.
Surely we have enough time to build a fund for this.Seemingly the shares issue on offer lately has recieved a muted response and i think this idea may appeal to the masses.Perhaps we could have the names of all contibutors placed at the ground?

I'd like your thoughts ladies and gentlemen.It's the best way in my opinion to keep the link with club and ourslves and something to pass to the next generation.Would the figures truly be out of our reach??

Now im pretty sure Ricoh pay Coventry a million pounds per year, if you can raise say 5-10mil i reckon we may have a chance. Otherwise No.

Great idea, but in reality a non starter- lets say hi-tec offer 1million pounds for a 5year deal, how do we raise that sort of money, however how about something like buy a brick, each brick could have names etc

The Shrimperzone Stadium does have a ring . Mind you couldnt you have the TB stadium (as with out Tilly and Brush we wouldnt really be in our position)
And a bronze statue of Webby out the front

Buy a brick or even buy a tree (which col ewe are doing) is the way forward for fans funding..

We could hold the club to ransom,tell them we are not buying season tickets unless we have rights to the name,or refuse to attend the first game.....

(knock,knock) Come in! Aah 'Scriven,what can i do for you today?

"Morning Sir,Sir,we have a problem" - Problem young David?What could we possibly have a problem with on this day,the day that has brought my empire to the summit,from here on i shall rule the world!!

"Er,it's the fans sir.." Fans? "Yes sir" Fans?Ohhh,you mean the peasants!What now David?

"Well Sir,they want to name the new stadium thierselves" Impossible.I've already sold the rights.Honestly David,what more have i got to do for them?All i ever do is run around for these peasants.I mean,i've even got to meet one of them tonight to explain the funding of the ground and something about securing the future of the club..?Some chap called Ian who apparently is quite irate by it all.

"Yes Sir,but they say they're going to cancel their season tickets and not attend games as way of a protest,Sir" (Ron leans forward and slumps over desk,fists clenched he begins to thump cheque book) Alright then,young David,tell them they can call the Stadium whatever they want,but we're putting up the price of Season tickets,replica shirts,pay on the dayers,away fans,blues lounge,stadium visits,bar prices,burgers,programmes,internet bookings.....(scratches head) oh and tell them we're taking away the Bluebelles!!

"The Bluebells Sir? But..." (Ron jumps to his feet)I SAID NO BLUEBELLES MCSCRIVEN,NOW GOOOOOO!!

Again, I like the sentimentality of naming the stadium something significant. However if someone is willing to pay x pounds to sponsor it, lets take the money and use it for advancing the team. Now if we could club to together and match whatever a commericial organisation offering (which I doubt), there would be all sorts of issues such as what will the new name be. Someone may contribute more but not like the new name chosen by the majority...some may say, they would only sponsor it if it is called 'x'. Also, even taking stupid figures of 10,000 hard core supporters (greatly inflated I know).......you are probably looking at £100 each to even get it for a year or two. Then what....someone comes in and renames it, or everyone has to raise another £100 each.

Surely any such collective fund raising which we may be able to raise (and again Id doubt in reality people would genuinly put up the money) would be better spent to ensure the future of the club as a sponsorship of the youth academy / buy a player etc, rather than the name of a stadium.

Last edited:
Agree. UA Emirates paid Arsenal £100M, if we could get corporate sponsor for say any million pound figure sum, then snap their hands off.

How about The John Lewis & Co t/as Waitrose, Arena, being closest neighbour ?

Back