• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PL Cup Spring Trophy 2011 Thread

Second Round Replay

Steve and i battle it out to complete the Quarter Final line up

BLUEBLOOD v ldnfatso 9-6
After Saturdays lacklustre 1-1 i wasn't hopeful about tonight, but i win amidst an avalanche of points :happy:

Last edited:
Steve and i battle it out to complete the Quarter Final line up

BLUEBLOOD v ldnfatso 9-6
After Saturdays lacklustre 1-1 i wasn't hopeful about tonight, but i win amidst an avalanche of points :happy:

You was lucky! Had Barnet not scored so late, i'd have beaten you!

Quarter Final Draw

The draw for the Quarters has taken place, BLUEBLOOD Junior picking out the homes, and i the aways ...

Lucky Luca v Roxy
Harold Bishop Killer v BLUEBLOOD
South247 v Drastic Sturgeon
ol blue eyes v BLUEBLOOD Junior

Matches will take place on Saturday 12th March, AKA Lincoln City away

Quarter Final Results and Review

Lucky Luca v Roxy 1-2
A close encounter but Roxy continues to fight the ladies corner

Harold Bishop Killer v BLUEBLOOD 2-5
Steve has had a tough run, drawing 3 top ten players, the last of which is a bridge too far (thankfully :smile:)

South247 v Drastic Sturgeon 8-2
South was joint top this week so DS had no chance

ol blue eyes v BLUEBLOOD Junior 1-2
Another close match but the youngster nicks it (bloody kids !!!)

Good to see Roxy is flying high for the girls. Keep going Roxy :thumbsup:

Semi Final Draw

Welcome to a damp and drizzly Southchurch for the semi final draw ... home teams to be drawn by me and the aways by Daniel ...

Ties to be played on Saturday 9th April (Port Vale away)

Roxy v south247
BLUEBLOOD v BLUEBLOOD Junior

Oh lordy, the tie i really really REALLY didn't want :stunned: :'(

Spring Trophy: Semi Final Results and Review

The eagerly awaited semi finals were nothing more than walkovers really ...

Roxy v south247 0-4
Rox was joint bottom this week, and south joint top so this was a formality

BLUEBLOOD v BLUEBLOOD Junior 0-2
Sigh .. the ONE week where i had the opportunity to shut the little oik up good and proper and i capitulate, still it could've been worse, if Prosser hadn't scored obviously we would've lost AND i'd have lost this tie 5-1

Anyway its over now so good luck to South and Daniel for this years final ...

SZ PL Spring Trophy 2011 - The Final

south247 v BLUEBLOOD Junior 3-3

A closely fought battle and they can't be seperated, so we head for a replay at Adams Park on Saturday

Spring Trophy Final Replay: Result and Report

south 247 v BLUEBLOOD Junior 3-3

Again they can't be seperated, and so for only the second time in SZ PL history i'm forced to apply the "tie-breaker" method of scoring. Hardly ideal i admit but i wanted the cup final to be a virtual season closer as in days gone by (you'll note the FA these days don't stand much stead in such history :nope:) but anyway we've had 2 draws now and this needs a conclusion soooo .. its 3 points for getting the H A W draw bit, then 1 point for each individual teams goals

south 247 ..
Wycombe v Southend 2-1 4
Barnet v Port Vale 1-2 1
Chesterfield v Gillingham 2-1 4
Lincoln City v Aldershot 2-1 w/c
Shrewsbury v Oxford Utd 3-1 4
Stevenage v Bury 3-1 1

BLUEBLOOD Junior ..
Wycombe v Southend 1-0 3
Barnet v Port Vale 0-2
Chesterfield v Gillingham 1-0 3
Lincoln City v Aldershot 2-1 wildcard
Shrewsbury v Oxford Utd 1-1
Stevenage v Bury 0-0 3

south nicks it on the shoot out, many congrats to him and obvious commiserations to my Daniel

Last edited:
Back