• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadium work to start in 4 months, I hope.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Full interview in today's Echo, but RM states he hopes work will start within 4 months and has to begin this year. He also confirms that Southend Council will get no money at all until the retail side of the development starts and it is that which will fund the development of the second phase of the stadium. (the 4th stand)

Very risky move by the council IMO.

Progress will apparently be as follows:

Oct/Nov 2013 application for 4th stand submitted.

By Dec 2013 Work on Stadium begins.

By Dec 2013 Sales of Prospects, Boots and Laces, St Mary's Court and shops goes through.

Early 2014 Approval of 4th stand.

2014 Work of replacement of St Mary's Court flats before the existing blocks are demolished.

2014/15 Once 3 sided thing and new St Mary's block built Sainsburys can develop their new store.

Zilch about the retail side which is apparently funding the 4th side at all. What happens and who is going to fund that once we are off Roots Hall and we are in the 3 sided thing. Us and the council could be screwed..

Of course asking for planning for the 4th side is all very well and looks good to the public. No mention of the Hotel idea anymore.

Interesting about the 4th stand needing planning again. Wonder if its going to be a simpler affair?

Interesting about the 4th stand needing planning again. Wonder if its going to be a simpler affair?
It does seem odd if the original idea has now been changed,unless maybe it is because the Hotel idea has been dropped?

I Just don't see how it will be funded..RM can't afford to finance the retail side, I could see him selling it off with planning though.

I think the 4th stand is a very long way away , but as I stated earlier it all looks good on paper to the fans etc.

Is this the 4th stand that was never in Ron's mind to build as he wanted to only construct a 3 sided stadium in order to save money?

:winking:

#justsaying

Having planning for something and actually building it are worlds apart Mark. RM can hardly go around saying it won't be built..the council are expecting their monies for one and now he has stated the retail is funding the 4th side. It looks good and by asking for planning permission will appease them in the meantime.

Having planning for something and actually building it are worlds apart Mark. RM can hardly go around saying it won't be built..the council are expecting their monies for one and now he has stated the retail is funding the 4th side. goodwill good will by asking for planning permission will appease them in the meantime.

Yes, I know mate, was just mischievously making a point...

Yes, I know mate, was just mischievously making a point...

:dim: I just wish there was something that stated the 4th side has to be completed before we lost total control over Roots Hall, not until RM can find the monies to either build/sell or fund the retail side. It's going to be a long wait for us to see a 4th stand and the council to receive any money I feel.

Excuse me for being a bit simple. But just how is the retail side going to finance the build of the 4th stand?

It is going to take years for that to be built (if ever) and turning a profit.

If I remember rightly we are talking £20m or so to build that stand.

But as it appears the plans need to be approved AGAIN. That would suggest there has been some scaling down.

I will win the lottery in 4 months, I hope.

Back