• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan the Man

McScriven

The Ball Boy
Just seen a promo for the Frank Skinner show tonight and Stan the Man is going to be on it.

However, Frank announced him as Southend's greatest ever striker. No mention of any other clubs, we're the ones normally left out of his previous clubs list.

Anyway it's on ITV tonight at 10pm.

You beat me to it. Someone else obviously watches the bill ...

Kev

wink.gif

They have just shown my favourite ever Stanley goal on the show. April 93 against Brizzle Rovers, think it was his 2nd of the night.

A match also memorable for the whole North Bank singing "One Billy Ocean, there's only one Billy Ocean" at one of the BR subs!!!

Oh, happy days
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 21 2004,22:45)]A match also memorable for the whole North Bank singing "One Billy Ocean, there's only one Billy Ocean" at one of the BR subs!!!

Oh, happy days  
biggrin.gif
"Billy, Billy give us a wave"....

And he did! Quality night. Will be in the memory banks for a long time that one!

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Not sure I want to hear Stan talking about his dogging experiences after the news though....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpador @ Oct. 21 2004,22:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 21 2004,22:45)]A match also memorable for the whole North Bank singing "One Billy Ocean, there's only one Billy Ocean" at one of the BR subs!!!

Oh, happy days  
biggrin.gif
"Billy, Billy give us a wave"....

And he did! Quality night. Will be in the memory banks for a long time that one!
One of those nights when no matter how much they regularly kick us in the teeth, you can justifiably claim you're "PROUD TO BE A SHRIMPER"

I'd forgotten he acknowledged us but I do seem to remember now from somewhere his sheepish wave back to the rousing chants of "Billy, Billy, give us a wave"

Anybody, any clues as to who the mystery sub was, I seem to think he was relatively famous back then "in old Division 1 money"!

Erm...also look out for the Anglia football night as XXL 15 or whatever that Hong Kong dude that was obsessed with Sutch is on!!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 21 2004,22:45)]They have just shown my favourite ever Stanley goal on the show.  April 93 against Brizzle Rovers, think it was his 2nd of the night.

A match also memorable for the whole North Bank singing "One Billy Ocean, there's only one Billy Ocean" at one of the BR subs!!!

Oh, happy days  
biggrin.gif
Glad someone cleared it up as i remembered the goal but last night couldn't think who it was against.

Looking back now i have to say ,Bristol Rovers, rascal away shirt
smile.gif

Although onloy being a wee nipper when Stan was playing I don't remember too many of his games and someone will no doubt prove me wrong by saying a) we didn't play Norwich when he was here and b) he never scored against them if we did.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 21 2004,20:31)]However, Frank announced him as Southend's greatest ever striker.
Shame then that on the programme he just said ' now a man who used to do this for a living' and showed the goal. Oh well, makes a change from Liverpool, Forest, Villa etc.

But then Skinner is very pro-Lower League football anyway

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 22 2004,09:39)]Although onloy being a wee nipper when Stan was playing I don't remember too many of his games and someone will no doubt prove me wrong by saying a) we didn't play Norwich when he was here and b) he never scored against them if we did.
Exactly!!!

From the SUFC Database...
Wed 14 Apr 93, Bristol Rovers (H) 3-0 Collymore (2), Angell Att 6,154

This was exactly one week after St Brett's Day & the slaying of the Hamsters.

Norwich City were not in Div 1 that season, in fact that was the season they set the Premiership alight prior to their UEFA Cup journey the next year (beating Bayern in Munich & almost seeing off Inter)

Exactly why I threw that last post in to cover my back.

I just saw the Yellow and Green and assumed it was Norwich.

Is anyone else thinking thank feck we didn't appoint that man as our manager!?
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Back