• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan

There were grumblings when Ron announced PB on Talksport so maybe the best start of the journey to being a more professional and well run club would be for any announcements to be made through official channels rather than Stan confirming on a fans forum.

That is rather presumptuous of me anyway. Who knows what came out today’s meeting?!

I certainly think if Stan does not get some sort of role, the gulf between Ron and the fanbase will be even wider.
If he is having to stay quiet due to any form of announcements I have utmost respect for him. I mean he must be literally having to sit on his hands ??

On the back of post #113 I am going to stick my neck out, add 2 and 2 together and hopefully not make 5:

As Stan was on and didn't say anything either way, I think talks have been successful with RM, however wanting everything to be done in a professional way, no comment will be made on here first, or radio, but an official announcement in the morning via the official site.

There this is either going to be a prophetic post or the end of Gypsy Rose Morris as a career path!

I would imagine RM, if Stan does get a role, is announcing it at the same time as the one/two CEOs (whichever position they all get) as almost a back room reshuffle.

I’m hoping, and praying, Stan has been successful and has a role at the football club.

I felt, over the weekend, that this week could be a pivotal week for SUFC. I was hoping for a swift resolution to the managers job, a role for Stan, a new CEO in place and the retained/released list. Being greedy, that one of those being retained had also signed as well, but that was being greedy.

With the other stuff though, we’d be setting our stall out early. Those that have been offered a new deal, I hope there is an expiration date on those offers (End of the month), then we have another date when we know that those we want to keep, aren’t staying, and we can crack on getting new players signed up ahead of a gruelling pre-season.

You know what? I don't think we are particularly financially fragile.

I think Ron has got access to money if he really needs it, otherwise we would have been in administration.

My view is that at the beginning of the season he sets the budget. If "unforeseen" things happen, like not winning one cup match in about 30 attempts to get a bit of a cup run going and some extra revenue, then we have not a hope in hell of meeting the budget.

I therefore think he has chosen who to pay and who not to pay; he has played HMRC 19 times and always won, has played fast and loose with other clubs and their payments due with the result that with a lot of juggling we've stayed out of serious financial trouble. But unfortunately the clubs reputation is what has suffered, and we are now in different sorts of trouble which is much more damaging to the club.

If @stan collymore can persuade Ron to go down a different path, and we can start "behaving" as if we were part of the wider football family and not just out on our own, attitudes towards us may change.
FBM if that were the case the players would have been paid on time, the embargo wouldn’t have occurred and ultimately we would have managed to stay in the football league !

All this talk of appointing a CEO and do you know what. Ron said last week that he didn’t have any idea what the financial budget would be for the coming season.!

Also remember in his choices of who Ron pays a proportion of these will be local businesses.

What a way to run a club ......

I hope you are right and not me though otherwise we are doomed...

Shout me down if im wrong .But if stan has not got some roll to play at southend by now he would have been on hear to tell us all .So maybe his non comment may well mean Ron has an announcement friday on the site fingers crossed .

FBM if that were the case the players would have been paid on time, the embargo wouldn’t have occurred and ultimately we would have managed to stay in the football league !

All this talk of appointing a CEO and do you know what. Ron said last week that he didn’t have any idea what the financial budget would be for the coming season.!

Also remember in his choices of who Ron pays a proportion of these will be local businesses.

What a way to run a club ......

I hope you are right and not me though otherwise we are doomed...

Not necessarily. I know what you mean but if he has budgeted to pay £X per month or whatever, and we have run through that, then there may not be any money to pay players, so he simply doesn't.

If the aim is to keep us afloat and out of administration, then he will only pay those who shout loudest and at the last possible minute, if at all, and perhaps only after court proceedings.

And if that were the aim, then he has succeeded.

I agree, Ron has made appalling choices regards paying for things/people/staff/tax etc. But we haven't gone into administration, and under those circumstances Ron would almost certainly lose control of the club which he will be absolutely desperate to avoid.

Not necessarily. I know what you mean but if he has budgeted to pay £X per month or whatever, and we have run through that, then there may not be any money to pay players, so he simply doesn't.

If the aim is to keep us afloat and out of administration, then he will only pay those who shout loudest and at the last possible minute, if at all, and perhaps only after court proceedings.

And if that were the aim, then he has succeeded.

I agree, Ron has made appalling choices regards paying for things/people/staff/tax etc. But we haven't gone into administration, and under those circumstances Ron would almost certainly lose control of the club which he will be absolutely desperate to avoid.
The issue has been cash flow. Many a profitable business has failed because they didn’t grasp the difference between cash flow and profitability.

Ron has assets, but they are not very liquid. So when expected revenues don’t appear (e.g. season ticket factoring) he knows he can find the money but it takes time.

Ron’s biggest crime has always been failing to be a billionaire....

Back