• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"Star in a reasonably priced fracas"

I do like Top Gear, although I have found this series a bit tiresome. For example, the bit on Sunday with May rallying didn't really need the other two mucking about in the background. Or the pick-up segment last Sunday hardly required Hammond, apparently freezing up a mountain, while May and Clarkson pretended to rescue him.

Didn't Clarkson and his mate sell the 50% of the programme rights they owned back to the beeb a couple of years ago?

Be interested to see Hammond and May's stance on this. I could easily see the whole trio leave.

Clarkson's contract will not be renewed apparently. Now is a good time to scrap the show and put on something worthwhile - perhaps a show about making pies. Lots and lots of pies.

Apparently Chris Evans to replace him. I'd rather **** in my hands and clap than watch that ginger ****.

Sack off Top Gear for ever and just play Parks and Rec in the same slot in perpetuity.

This.

Top Gear fans need to be bracketed with the same GROWN MEN who watch wrestling. Man-children with questionable hard-drives who need to be on some kind of register. And don't get me started on that Guido Fawkes oddball, if ever there was a man with too much time on his hands...

May and Hammond will inevitably leave and get snapped up by a satellite channel to present something very similar to Top Gear alongside Clarkson. I think the Beeb have made a massive blooper here, cutting off their noses to spite their faces. Top Gear must have earned them huge sums of money with all the spin off stuff and now they're just handing it to the competition on a plate.

It's the chemistry between the three of them that makes it so watchable to so many. Hammond and in particular I'd say May, wouldn't spark of a newbie anywhere near as well.

I think the Beeb have made a massive blooper here, cutting of their noses to spite their faces.

What, by sacking an employee for punching a fellow employee in the face, months after being warned over alleged racism? In what other walk of life would that be considered acceptable enough that their dismissal would be a "massive blooper"?

This.

Top Gear fans need to be bracketed with the same GROWN MEN who watch wrestling. Man-children with questionable hard-drives who need to be on some kind of register. And don't get me started on that Guido Fawkes oddball, if ever there was a man with too much time on his hands...

Why is it younger people always think they know better than older people with more experience of life. *Sigh*

May and Hammond will inevitably leave and get snapped up by a satellite channel to present something very similar to Top Gear alongside Clarkson.

May and Hammond have other contracts with the Beeb for other shows which might influence their decisions.

I cant understand why they are now reporting that the Police have taken an interest. It seems Clarkson reported himself and the other bloke wasn't too bothered. Storm in a teacup.

Why is it younger people always think they know better than older people with more experience of life. *Sigh*

U wot?

Nothing like a bit of patronising guff to brighten up the end of the day.

Back