• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Star Wars Tonight

overseas shrimper

Life President⭐
I'm off to the special showing of Episode III tonight at 20 past midnight. We're lucky to have one of Europes largest THX theatres and screens on which to feast our eyes on (probably) the last Star Wars movie ever.

Goodbye childhood.

down.gif

And to set the mood:

http://www.starwarsspoofs.com/

I guarentee this won't be the last Star Wars film. I have no clue about these things, but some guy was talking for ages about it the other day and that is what he said, and he sounded pretty clued up.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ May 18 2005,17:12)]I guarentee this won't be the last Star Wars film. I have no clue about these things, but some guy was talking for ages about it the other day and that is what he said, and he sounded pretty clued up.
smile.gif
It has been said that Lucas had nine chapters planned. In fact, he only had one film really planned when going into production with Ep. IV and thought it would end there. When Ep. IV went on the take over the world, Eps. V and VI were given the green light.

He then had to invent the prequels... having only a rough sketch of what they would consist of.

The last three chapters do not exist in full. He may have ideas, but he probably won't see them out. Probably.

Lucas now has a pet project (Red Tails) he wants to bring to the screen, and the next Indiana Jones movie.

The lumberjack shirt wearing mogul is now 61. He will probably be around 65 or more when he's finished these two projects.

Producing a trilogy of Star Wars movies (as a writer, director and general string puller) takes many years (about 10 - 12) and a lot of energy. I don't think he'll be able to do it as an octogenarian and he won't want to hand the project over. This is his baby (unless he's prepared to stun the movie world and hand it over... and maybe that's the plan behind the series of Star Wars and Clone Wars for TV... to find a suitable heir).

But this is PROBABLY the last we'll see of new Star Wars movies on the big screen.

Someone at work won tickets for the midnight screening just by milling around the odeon at lunchtime.

I'm seeing it tomorrow night at Bas Vegas (can't stand the cramped Odeon) .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 18 2005,18:38)][Lucas] only had one film really planned when going into production with Ep. IV and thought it would end there. When Ep. IV went on the take over the world, Eps. V and VI were given the green light.
Do you "buy" Lucas' claim that Ep. V and VI were made because the original script for what became Ep. IV was far too long to be filmed as one production and he had to divide it into three films?

I don't. He went out on a limb with Star Wars and had to come up with something for sequels. Lightning certainly struck twice with The Empire Strikes Back ~ the best of the original trilogy ~ but then we had to succumb with Return of the Jedi and the whole Star Wars world began to fall apart. It started OK but then ... well, one word ~ Ewok ... the original trilogy's Jar Jar Binks ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 18 2005,20:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 18 2005,18:38)][Lucas] only had one film really planned when going into production with Ep. IV and thought it would end there. When Ep. IV went on the take over the world, Eps. V and VI were given the green light.
Do you "buy" Lucas' claim that Ep. V and VI were made because the original script for what became Ep. IV was far too long to be filmed as one production and he had to divide it into three films?

I don't. He went out on a limb with Star Wars and had to come up with something for sequels. Lightning certainly struck twice with The Empire Strikes Back ~ the best of the original trilogy ~ but then we had to succumb with Return of the Jedi and the whole Star Wars world began to fall apart. It started OK but then ... well, one word ~ Ewok ... the original trilogy's Jar Jar Binks ...

WS
No I don't buy that claim. I thought it was clearly stated in the bit you quoted from my earlier post.

However, Empire and Jedi were planned together and the seeds for the prequels were sewn at the same time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 18 2005,20:38)]No I don't buy that claim. I thought it was clearly stated in the bit you quoted from my earlier post.
Yeah it was. I was just confirming!

wink.gif

WS

(Spoiler Free!)

Just got back, I liked it a lot but I think I'll need a couple more viewings to see how well it stands up against the other five films although it was definately better then Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

The opening 20 minutes are really fast paced and then after that things slowwww down to the kind of pace that bogged down I & II complete with iffy dialogue, but in a way this bit was needed to sow the seeds for Anakins turn.

From the moment Mace Windu goes to arrest Palpatine business picks up again and things stay at that level for the rest of the film and there are some really sad bits at the end.

The last part of the film ties up all the loose ends nicely although the Vader birth was again slightly bogged down by dialogue.

Anyone else seen it yet?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ May 20 2005,01:44)](Spoiler Free!)

Just got back, I liked it a lot but I think I'll need a couple more viewings to see how well it stands up against the other five films although it was definately better then Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

The opening 20 minutes are really fast paced and then after that things slowwww down to the kind of pace that bogged down I & II complete with iffy dialogue, but in a way this bit was needed to sow the seeds for Anakins turn.

From the moment Mace Windu goes to arrest Palpatine business picks up again and things stay at that level for the rest of the film and there are some really sad bits at the end.

The last part of the film ties up all the loose ends nicely although the Vader birth was again slightly bogged down by dialogue.

Anyone else seen it yet?
I thought that (on first viewing) this was the second best of all 6, behind ESB.

Superb Film!!! I didn't want it to end, and it went soooo quick.

10/10
biggrin.gif

Was funny in parts, gruesome, sad and action packed!!!

The bit where Darth Vader is created is simply spooky and very surreal!! It was quite scary seeing that last piece of his helmet being put into place, then a few seconds gap, then the famous heavy brething starts. His first words "yes my master" Unreal!

I'd go see it again definitely.

Ian McDiarmid steals the show as the Emperor.

Ewan McGregor is so uncannily like Alec Guiness as well.

If you haven't seen this film GO SEE IT!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 18 2005,19:53)]Just as crap as The Simpsons ...

wink.gif
Not enough flashing lights and Super-Holds for you Kev.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ May 20 2005,00:44)](Spoiler Free!)

Anyone else seen it yet?
when you say sad bits at the end,do you mean sad as in i'm gonna cry?or sad as in stupid?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ May 20 2005,18:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ May 20 2005,00:44)](Spoiler Free!)

Anyone else seen it yet?
when you say sad bits at the end,do you mean sad as in i'm gonna cry?or sad as in stupid?
I think he means the former.

Back