• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Starting 11 for saturday

lucus

Coach
over the last couple of games Tilly has been shifting the team about. Usually I have a rough idea who's going to start, but with our strikers firing blanks on saturday, then Wayne getting back on the score sheet the other night and a couple of injuries creeping into the team, i'm not entirely sure who's going to start. Any suggestions to who will start??

Maher, Barrett, Bramble. Frankly the other eight are immaterial. Without these geniuses we're going no-where.

Don't agree with us trying to get more loan signings. On the basis that we're probably not going to get promoted this year and certainly WON'T be relegated we should use this opportunity to experiment a bit and throw some reserve blood in at the deep end.

Mini-me

Hunt   Prior   Barrett   Wilson

Gower   Petts   Maher   Nic-nac

Eastwood   Gray (or me)

Subs: Dudders
        Tes
        Lawson
        Edwards
        Morgan

The team for saturday? No probs.

Flahavan

Jupp
Prior
Barrett
Wilson

Pettefer
Maher
Hunt
Gower

Gray
Eastwood

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 20 2005,09:20)]Maher, Barrett, Bramble. Frankly the other eight are immaterial. Without these geniuses we're going no-where.

Don't agree with us trying to get more loan signings. On the basis that we're probably not going to get promoted this year and certainly WON'T be relegated we should use this opportunity to experiment a bit and throw some reserve blood in at the deep end.
who would you like to see partner Bramble? Or would you rather see him on the wing? - personally it would be great to see a Bramble Eastwood partnership. With Bramble's strength and through balls, Eastwood would be able to concentrate on his strengths ie making runs, taking on defenders and striking shots, rather than dropping deep and trying to create chances that way, which I don't think is his strongest attribute.

Definately yes to Maher, soley because of his ability to distribute the play so well, and calm situations down where needs be... And as for Barrett, I dont think i'm being too rash in saying he is probably one of the best centre backs in our league.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 20 2005,09:26)]The team for saturday? No probs.

Flahavan

Jupp
Prior
Barrett
Wilson

Pettefer
Maher
Hunt
Gower

Gray
Eastwood
Jupp is back? Oh well then I would certainly put him in defence and leave Hunt in midfield.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 20 2005,09:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 20 2005,09:26)]The team for saturday? No probs.

Flahavan

Jupp
Prior
Barrett
Wilson

Pettefer
Maher
Hunt
Gower

Gray
Eastwood
Jupp is back? Oh well then I would certainly put him in defence and leave Hunt in midfield.
Play Hunt in midfield even though he's just played his best right back performance to date? Sounds a bit risky asking him to adapt to a centre mid role straight away....

I reckon this is what Tilly could do:

Flavs

Jupp Barret Prior Wilson

Petts Hunt Maher Gower

Gray Eastwood

However, more likely it could be:

Flavs

Hunt Prior Barret Wilson

Gower Petts Maher Nicky

Gray Eastwood

I would actually like to see this on Sat:

Flavs

Jupp Prior Barret Nicky

Gower Hunt Maher Petts

Gray Eastwood

My prefferred line up with no injuries or suspensions at home:

Bart

Hunt Prior Barret Nicky

Bentley Smith Maher Gower

Bramble Eastwood

My prefferred line up (no injuries, suspensions) away:

Bart

Hunt Prior Barret Nicky

Gower Smith Maher Petts

Gray Dudfield

Does that answer your question.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 20 2005,09:36)]I reckon this is what Tilly could do:

Flavs

Jupp  Barret  Prior   Wilson

Petts  Hunt  Maher  Gower

Gray  Eastwood

However, more likely it could be:

Flavs

Hunt  Prior  Barret  Wilson

Gower Petts Maher  Nicky

Gray  Eastwood

I would actually like to see this on Sat:

Flavs

Jupp  Prior  Barret  Nicky

Gower Hunt Maher  Petts

Gray  Eastwood

My prefferred line up with no injuries or suspensions at home:

Bart

Hunt   Prior  Barret  Nicky

Bentley Smith Maher Gower

Bramble Eastwood

My prefferred line up (no injuries, suspensions) away:

Bart

Hunt   Prior  Barret  Nicky

Gower Smith Maher Petts

Gray  Dudfield

Does that answer your question.
...I will never ask for a team line up again..........
biggrin.gif

Can't agree with bringing Jupp straight back. Hunt has finally found his best position, and is getting better and better. We have a strong midfield without him, so Jupp should get some fitness/practice in the reserves just now.

Tiny Tim

Hunt, Spinner, Barratt, Cheese

Gower, Maher, Pettefer, Nicolau

Eastwood, Gray

Morgan, Jupp, Bramble, Dudfield, Corbett

I expect it'll be

Flahavan
Hunt Prior Barrett Wilson
Gower Pettefer Maher Nicolau
Eastwood Gray

I think that team would be too lightweight and small so I'd go:

A goalkeeper
Jupp Prior Barrett Nicolau
Pettefer Hunt Maher Gower
Bramble Eastwood

If Jupp has still got a cut leg, Wilson gets a game in his supposedly preferred position. If Mansfield start to exploit the attacking nature of our left flank, I'd swap Pettefer and Gower over.
I'd tell Tes to run himself into the ground for an hour, and then bring on Gray or Dudfield.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Jan. 20 2005,09:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 20 2005,09:20)]Maher, Barrett, Bramble. Frankly the other eight are immaterial. Without these geniuses we're going no-where.

who would you like to see partner Bramble?
Gray, because I am absolutely convinced the two of them will be able to work fantastically together. Dudfield would be the alternative to Bramble for me but Dudfield and Bramble together up front definitely won't work.

Eastwood ? Consigned to the reserves/transfer list until his head shrinks back down to normal size and he gets some passing lessons. Personally I think that's the best thing that could happen to him right now but, as usual, I'll get shot down in flames by those that know f**k all about football.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 20 2005,11:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Jan. 20 2005,09:29)]
[b said:

who would you like to see partner Bramble?
Gray, because I am absolutely convinced the two of them will be able to work fantastically together. Dudfield would be the alternative to Bramble for me but Dudfield and Bramble together up front definitely won't work.

Eastwood ? Consigned to the reserves/transfer list until his head shrinks back down to normal size and he gets some passing lessons. Personally I think that's the best thing that could happen to him right now but, as usual, I'll get shot down in flames by those that know f**k all about football.
I agree about the need to put a lid on Eastwood's ego and teach him to pass the ball more. But I suspect you may be jesting about transfer listing and dropping him, surely? After all, how many goals does the lad have to score to warrant his place in the team?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 20 2005,12:07)]Eastwood ? Consigned to the reserves/transfer list until his head shrinks back down to normal size and he gets some passing lessons. Personally I think that's the best thing that could happen to him right now but, as usual, I'll get shot down in flames by those that know f**k all about football.
I agree about the need to put a lid on Eastwood's ego and teach him to pass the ball more. But I suspect you may be jesting about transfer listing and dropping him, surely? After all, how many goals does the lad have to score to warrant his place in the team?[/QUOTE]
With the possible exception of our lord Kevin Maher; no-one, least of all some spotty faced upstart, is greater than Southend United Football Club.

OK, maybe the transfer list is a bit extreme.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 20 2005,12:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 20 2005,12:07)]Eastwood ? Consigned to the reserves/transfer list until his head shrinks back down to normal size and he gets some passing lessons. Personally I think that's the best thing that could happen to him right now but, as usual, I'll get shot down in flames by those that know f**k all about football.
I agree about the need to put a lid on Eastwood's ego and teach him to pass the ball more. But I suspect you may be jesting about transfer listing and dropping him, surely? After all, how many goals does the lad have to score to warrant his place in the team?
With the possible exception of our lord Kevin Maher; no-one, least of all some spotty faced upstart, is greater than Southend United Football Club.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
[/QUOTE]
I've worked out ORM's hatred of our 12 goals in 17 games striker - he's esclipsing Maher!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 20 2005,12:20)]
[b said:
[b said:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I've worked out ORM's hatred of our 12 goals in 17 games striker - he's esclipsing Maher![/QUOTE]
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Nice One !

It's certainly not hatred. I think we have the next Collymore on our books and his footballing abilities are fantastic but his footballing brain needs educating urgently.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 20 2005,12:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 20 2005,12:20)]
[b said:
[b said:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I've worked out ORM's hatred of our 12 goals in 17 games striker - he's esclipsing Maher!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Nice One !

It's certainly not hatred. I think we have the next Collymore on our books and his footballing abilities are fantastic but his footballing brain needs educating urgently.[/QUOTE]
In addition, the newly reformed SAFE's gonna be there so there's not a lot of point in Eastwood starting.

Dudfield, however, has scored a bunch while I've been watching...

Back