• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

Today it's League 1 again and during the close season we have allowed a lot of posts to be published that have caused concern to some members.

We will not tolerate any abuse, trolling, pathetic attempts to justify repeated drivel or anything that lowers the enjoyment of the majority.

I have had numerous messages saying that people no longer visit the Zone because of a few posters and their failed attempts at humour or people who won't let go and repeatedly argue the same point time and time again.

From today anyone causing annoyance will be considered for the purposes of action, in whatever form needed to make the Zone a better place to visit. For the vast majority of members this will not affect them at all --- it is purely aimed at those who lower the enjoyment levels.

Please think carefully before you post.

Thanks

The worst part about this sight is I've been suspended for over a year ... have they forgotten about me ? Or shall I just delete my account ?

Fair point Ken,

I have been guilty of going on and on,so I shall refrain from doing so.

You have not been suspended, we view your posts before we allow them to be published. This action is taken when people post items that can upset, annoy, insult or are plain drivel. If you post sensible stuff the moderation will be removed.

Today it's League 1 again and during the close season we have allowed a lot of posts to be published that have caused concern to some members.

We will not tolerate any abuse, trolling, pathetic attempts to justify repeated drivel or anything that lowers the enjoyment of the majority.

I have had numerous messages saying that people no longer visit the Zone because of a few posters and their failed attempts at humour or people who won't let go and repeatedly argue the same point time and time again.

From today anyone causing annoyance will be considered for the purposes of action, in whatever form needed to make the Zone a better place to visit. For the vast majority of members this will not affect them at all --- it is purely aimed at those who lower the enjoyment levels.

Please think carefully before you post.

Thanks

Hooray. Well done Ken.

Fair point Ken,

I have been guilty of going on and on,so I shall refrain from doing so.

Yes, you and Kev29 have caused most of the trouble the last few weeks. Well done for responding the right way. I think you are both wind up merchants, and you certainly got a lot of people biting.

There does seem to be a core of 4 or 5 posters whose repetitiveness and garbage rubs people up the wrong way......but then there are people who rise to the bait and try to wind up said drivel-posters in order to get a reaction. Both parties are guilty of making previously sensible threads unbearable places to go and it never used to be like this. I'm sure you guys would hate to be seen as "Nazi mods" but for the good of the forum, perhaps it's best to come down hard on both parties and turn the forum back into the addictive place that it used to be, no matter how long it takes. Maybe we'll see some people coming back and we'll see more sensible and intelligent chat, debate etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done Ken, not before time...was only thinking the other day how the zone wasn't how it used to be

I for one haven't posted for a long time, just had a look now and again and thought it was a shame that some people seemed to be on a deliberate wind up.
Nice if it sorts it self out.

Well said, Ken. It seems a lot of people (me included, probably) are diverting away from the subject of certain threads. ie if we are discussing the Match Report with ratings etc, could we just stick to the topic rather than having digs at each other. We have great threads that give us the opportunity to give our own viewpoint, without the need to have pages of bickering.

How about limiting the posts you can make to each thread? Perhaps 3 at the most, but not sure if it can be done.
Some like to keep posting on threads just to reinforce there point of view, probably due to lack of intelligence or insecurity.
Better stop there or I will be accused of being offensive:blush:
This site is superb when compared to many others but a minority do spoil it.

Thank you all for the many likes on the original post ---- I didn't realise we had so many people who weren't happy with how things had been on the Zone.

We need to be self-policing as we are unable to read every single post ( unless we charged an annual fee and employed someone to monitor each post --- not desirable) it would help if people could report any offending posts so we can deal quickly.

New slogan ----- Get Off Your Arse and Be a Grass.

Either some people haven't visited the Zone lately or are behaving themselves as it seems less volatile.

Long may it continue.

Back