• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Shrimp

Zone Photographer
The more I watch Southend of late the more I realise how sh!te a lot of the other teams are in this division.

I know we're struggling position wise, but the teams directly above are no better. That said, Leeds won't go down, as Uncle Ken will buy a few quality players for PD, even though their current squad should be good enough. Hull have spent money, have quality players, but are low on confidence & could carry on struggling with their managerial problems.

The warning to Southend is Luton. They sold their star striker, Howard, to Derby & look whats happening to them. Take note Ron Martin.

I know that probably when I get back from Oz next month, we may have had a bad Xmas, but we wouldn't realistically expecting much from the games against Brum, Norwich, Cov & WBA. Once we've got those games out of the way, we will start getting to teams we can beat. Cardiff will be difficult, but they're struggling too. February will be the deciding month for our future in this League.

Keep Freddy & we will stay up, as simple as that!

Lets get this chant going at The Hall, We are staying up etc etc!!

Yeah right, Freddy goes and we are going down simple as that.you you really believe in your heart that Freddy is staying I think a deal has been already made and will be off soon.

I think a deal has been done too, which is why I hope RM will note the difference in Luton since they lost Howard. Howard is nowhere near as good as Freddy, but lose a regular goalscorer & you're gonna struggle!

Now if RM gets a big name striker in from the Prem, then we might have a chance, but we know that won't happen!

maybe a deal has been done, where freddy will stay on loan with us until the end of the season. you never know.

also i have only seen derby away and cardif at home as games that we deserved to loose because the oppersition were so much better than us. look at stoke now, they were nothing when they played at roots hall. preston were 1t or 2nd when the played us and we were better than them. we have been unlucky at times and made stupid mistakes. if we cut those mistakes out which we are starting to do and a bit more luck then we will pickup more points and possibly stayup.

southampton looked a good side at roots hall but we beat them and we should look to beat any other team thats worse than them.

on a whole i agree that teams in this division are nothing. our next 3 or 4 games will be tough but we do need to win 2 of them to have a chance.

Could'nt agree more... loose Freddy and we're doomed. Bradbury like Paynter and Harrold is not goal scorer of the calibra to get us out of trouble let along sustain a promotion challenge next year. The amount of times their keeper spooned shots last night without anybody following up and getting in where it hurts. In fact the only player I would say we have who is prepared to attack the ball in the oppostion area is Sodje.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Keep Freddy & we will stay up, as simple as that!

Lets get this chant going at The Hall, We are staying up etc etc!!
We had that going last night.

Staying up, with Tilly n Brush, Staying up, with Tilly n Brush
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Dec. 16 2006,09:54)]maybe a deal has been done, where freddy will stay on loan with us until the end of the season. you never know.
Not allowed, the FA won't sanction that. The only way would be if we agree a deal with someone but Freddy doesn't sign until the summer, if he goes now we're doomed.

I was half confident of survival last night after the game but having seen the ridiculously tough fixtures between now and the 1st week in March I'm not so sure. IF (and it's a big if) we're in touch with 4th bottom come March we've got a great chance as our fixtures from then on are great for us but take a look at our games between now and then - and in particular the next 6 weeks or so:

Birmingham (h)
Norwich (a)
Coventry (a)
WBA (h)
Cardiff (a)
Derby (h)
Birmingham (a)
Stoke (a)

rock.gif

I just hope and pray we're still in touch cos after THAT run of games we could be as good as down going into our much easier run-in.

Have to agree it is difficult run of games and hard to see where we are going to pick up points from. But ho hum got to be optimistic and hope our away form picks up

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Dec. 16 2006,13:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Dec. 16 2006,09:54)]maybe a deal has been done, where freddy will stay on loan with us until the end of the season. you never know.
Not allowed, the FA won't sanction that. The only way would be if we agree a deal with someone but Freddy doesn't sign until the summer, if he goes now we're doomed.

I was half confident of survival last night after the game but having seen the ridiculously tough fixtures between now and the 1st week in March I'm not so sure. IF (and it's a big if) we're in touch with 4th bottom come March we've got a great chance as our fixtures from then on are great for us but take a look at our games between now and then - and in particular the next 6 weeks or so:

Birmingham (h)
Norwich (a)
Coventry (a)
WBA (h)
Cardiff (a)
Derby (h)
Birmingham (a)
Stoke (a)

rock.gif

I just hope and pray we're still in touch cos after THAT run of games we could be as good as down going into our much easier run-in.
True, but have the other struggling teams got a much easier run of games? I haven't checked, but I'd doubt it.

Back