• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Step Forward Some Old Boy

Stats

aka Ian Poulter
Regular trend for the club this season has been to bring out some random old boy at some point during the matchday experience and re-introduce them to the crowd.

Who do you think the club will wheel out this weekend?

But more importantly whats the odds on any of them bringing their boots along?

Before most games they let some SUFC old boys have their last dance on the hallowed turf...

Usually met with a swift "Who the f%&k is that!"....."Don't remember him"

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Nov. 10 2006,12:05)]Before most games they let some SUFC old boys have their last dance on the hallowed turf...

laugh.gif
oh right..

their poor attempt to commemorate the 100 years of southend i see..

I'd like to see them wheel out Matt Driver, the bloke who never played last year.

We could then pelt him with rotten fruit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 10 2006,12:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Nov. 10 2006,12:05)]Before most games they let some SUFC old boys have their last dance on the hallowed turf...

laugh.gif
oh right..

Yes rather poor, I mean I've only been supporting the blues for the past 10yrs but am still aware of our famous players of yesteryear.

Surely they must be able to do better than some random old boy who played 40 games for Southend back in 1949 before transfering to Bedford Town.

Would be nice to wheel out some of our previous back to back promotion side

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 10 2006,12:07)]I'd like to see them wheel out Matt Driver, the bloke who never played last year.

We could then pelt him with rotten fruit.
No doubt if he turned up this week he'd get a place on the bench.

And would probably get on ahead of Jay, Gutts and be played out of position

Wasn't it Peter Kay last time. I was expecting him to come on in a wheelchair.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Nov. 10 2006,12:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 10 2006,12:06)]
[b said:

laugh.gif
oh right..

Yes rather poor, I mean I've only been supporting the blues for the past 10yrs but am still aware of our famous players of yesteryear.

Surely they must be able to do better than some random old boy who played 40 games for Southend back in 1949 before transfering to Bedford Town.

Would be nice to wheel out some of our previous back to back promotion side
To be honest, I have actually heard of most of the players that have been introduced so far.

The ones that I haven't heard of my old man claims that he knows them as he use to go drinking with them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 10 2006,12:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 10 2006,12:16)]he knows them as he use to go drinking with them.
Murkey? Is that you?
or CHRIS

come on lads it's 100 years not the last 10. Just cos you've not heard of them doesn't mean they were every bit as good as some of the players we've got now. Peter Goy was introduced on Saturday and was a fine keeper when I was young. We signed him from Arsenal.
I saw in the paper that there is a new book about the Blues called The Southend United Chronicles which has a signing at Waterstones tomorrow after the 2 minute silence (11 -12.30). Some old stalwarts like Billy Best (legend) Big Bill Garner, Ron Pountney, Lou Costello, David Crown, Bobby Kellard and Ken Jones will be there. Unfortunately I'm working or would love to be there. Go down and have a chat with the old boys. You'll be fascinated believe me.

LOL
laugh.gif

HK is part of China you know.....

ps Read it again, makes perfect sense. Honest....

pps On the subject of language how about updating the front page with a SZ guide to proper grammar? An explanation of the difference between "your" and "you're" might be helpful to some people.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 10 2006,12:35)]pps On the subject of language how about updating the front page with a SZ guide to proper grammar? An explanation of the difference between "your" and "you're" might be helpful to some people.
their they're HKB, don't let it get too you

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Nov. 10 2006,11:59)]Regular trend for the club this season has been to bring out some random old boy at some point during the matchday experience and re-introduce them to the crowd.

Carl 'hands like dinner plates' Cumbersome!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Nov. 10 2006,13:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Nov. 10 2006,11:59)]Regular trend for the club this season has been to bring out some random old boy at some point during the matchday experience and re-introduce them to the crowd.

He's being saved for a really special day. League Cup Final maybe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 10 2006,13:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Nov. 10 2006,13:47)]
[b said:

He's being saved for a really special day. League Cup Final maybe.
Is he cup-tied?

Back