• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stephen Humphrys

He’s quality. A striker with an eye for the spectacular and hits a rocket of a free kick. Can see him getting a move to the championship before too long. Definitely got the ability to play at the highest level just needs to be more consistent. Best of luck to him.

Relegated with Rochdale yesterday, wonder if he will stay or look to get a move elsewhere.

He started off well at Rochdale but went off the boil near the end.
He good player. Shame about those injuries he picked up during his time here...... if he stay at rochdale, it wouldn't surprise me if he scores 20 plus goals in league 2.

He good player. Shame about those injuries he picked up during his time here...... if he stay at rochdale, it wouldn't surprise me if he scores 20 plus goals in league 2.

Totally agree, he has been really unlucky with injuries.

He racked up a 1 in 3 ratio for Rochdale, to back up his 1 in 3 ratio for us.

Both are/were relegation fodder teams. I said it this time last year & I’ll say it again now, imagine what the lad could do in a winning team.

Both are/were relegation fodder teams. I said it this time last year & I’ll say it again now, imagine what the lad could do in a winning team.

All he has known is league 1 relegation fights. Shrewsbury in 16/17, Rochdale in 17/18, Scunthorpe and us in 18/19, us again in 19/20 and Rochdale in 20/21. He's been part of three teams who have been relegated from League 1 in the last 3 seasons, even though he wasn't at Scunthorpe when they were relegated, they were 21st when he left.

All he has known is league 1 relegation fights. Shrewsbury in 16/17, Rochdale in 17/18, Scunthorpe and us in 18/19, us again in 19/20 and Rochdale in 20/21. He's been part of three teams who have been relegated from League 1 in the last 3 seasons, even though he wasn't at Scunthorpe when they were relegated, they were 21st when he left.
Plainly a jinx!!

I wish we kept hold of him..... a player like humphrys would of turned those 0-0 draws into victories! Just the sort of striker we needed in my opinion.

We would of probably been comfortably midtable, in a league if I'm honest hasn't got great deal of quality.

Reactions: GBJ
Yes, better solo goal better than Tom imo, but Tom SO much more the team player and allround smarter player.

True but Hump has a touch of Stan about his goals, which if channelled properly could take him higher than TH.

Either way two great signings by CP in one cruel injury season. If that Accrington keeper had not done yet another un punished and deliberate red card on SH I'm sure we would have still been in L1 for this last season and who knows maybe still with CP.

As we now know SH under pressure defied the surgeons orders to save us v Sunderland. The next game at RH v Blackpool the following season was the start of the great slide. SH was again deliberately targeted with elbows early on. The man who loved to bollock a ref, Simon Cox, never said a word....No wonder SH couldn't stand the bloke The bench also never said a word and worse still neither did the home fans. Angry at Ron/Bond with an atmosphere that was rife even before we were quickly 2 goals down. Meant SH was the forgotten hero, still in his mask which was a target for some CB's.

Thats the day we lost SH. He was out of the game for 20mins in the first half and it appeared no one in RH noticed. Things couldn't get any worse but with Sol up to his tricks they did and who can blame SH for wanting out.

Good luck to SH. Yes he has a streak of selfishness but thats better than the cowards who wont shoot and bottle it in the box that have been wearing the SUFC shirts this season.

Us fans need to take that lesson into the NL. If you turn up on day one, then by all means be angry with Ron but when that whistle goes get behind your team or we will be in that league longer than anyone wants.......That is the only fact that us fans can directly effect......All of us should remember that this summer.

Its your club your team and you will be here after Ron so fight to keep it alive.

I worry a lot of modern managers might type cast him because of his size and just play a system at that needs a target man. He is such a good footballer. The old cliche of good feet for a big man

he’s had a lot of crap bless him!! I really hope he gets a great move and can flourish

True but Hump has a touch of Stan about his goals, which if channelled properly could take him higher than TH.

Either way two great signings by CP in one cruel injury season. If that Accrington keeper had not done yet another un punished and deliberate red card on SH I'm sure we would have still been in L1 for this last season and who knows maybe still with CP.

As we now know SH under pressure defied the surgeons orders to save us v Sunderland. The next game at RH v Blackpool the following season was the start of the great slide. SH was again deliberately targeted with elbows early on. The man who loved to bollock a ref, Simon Cox, never said a word....No wonder SH couldn't stand the bloke The bench also never said a word and worse still neither did the home fans. Angry at Ron/Bond with an atmosphere that was rife even before we were quickly 2 goals down. Meant SH was the forgotten hero, still in his mask which was a target for some CB's.

Thats the day we lost SH. He was out of the game for 20mins in the first half and it appeared no one in RH noticed. Things couldn't get any worse but with Sol up to his tricks they did and who can blame SH for wanting out.

Good luck to SH. Yes he has a streak of selfishness but thats better than the cowards who wont shoot and bottle it in the box that have been wearing the SUFC shirts this season.

Us fans need to take that lesson into the NL. If you turn up on day one, then by all means be angry with Ron but when that whistle goes get behind your team or we will be in that league longer than anyone wants.......That is the only fact that us fans can directly effect......All of us should remember that this summer.

Its your club your team and you will be here after Ron so fight to keep it alive.
One of the things I’m hoping to see next season is a better relationship between the team and the fans, all pulling together. It’s not been an easy few years but by kick off hopefully the remainder of the shirkers and bottlers will be long gone and we can rally behind who’s left, hopefully we’re all fully ready for battle. Certain players I certainly won’t be shedding tears over given they’ve been part of 2 successive relegation sides.

Humphrys could’ve been a hell of a player for us and I share your belief we’d have stayed up comfortably and maybe CP would’ve stayed, were it not for that injury. It killed our season and broke Powell coming on top of the Hopper injury. Then we got Bond and well…..say no more.

Anyway with SH it’ll always be “what might’ve been” and he’ll always have my respect for that goal.

Back