• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sterling

mrsblue

Banned
Rejects 100k a week deal citing its not about money,he just wants to win things.

Looking forward when he signs for any bigger club his salary will remain at 30k and his signing on fee will go to charity ,it's not about the money don't you know.

Hope he-agent,does not mess this up for him-himself...he does look good for us,England,i would stay at Liverpool ,for at least 2 years,then go abroad,maybe Germany,where he would learn how to play real football(also with his brain).Not this 100mph,run up&down the pitch Prem****

Rejects 100k a week deal citing its not about money,he just wants to win things.

Looking forward when he signs for any bigger club his salary will remain at 30k and his signing on fee will go to charity ,it's not about the money don't you know.

His salary is not £30,000, that's his weekly wage. That's a salary of £1,560,000. I imagine the salary of many people here is less than £30,000

His salary is not £30,000, that's his weekly wage. That's a salary of £1,560,000. I imagine the salary of many people here is less than £30,000

You know what I meant :winking:

Greedy sod has two years left on his current deal anyway, should be made to sit out that contract for at least another 16 months, some folk don't know how lucky they are.

I think it would help English football if a few more top players played abroad ,in Germany, Spain ,italy etc , help broaden their knowledge of the game,seriously think they could learn a lot from them leagues.

I think it's perfectly acceptable for a player of Sterling's quality to want out of Liverpool. Their troubles this season have shown how susceptible to turmoil Liverpool are and, as much as certain media outlets would want you to believe different, Liverpool aren't the draw they once were. Sterling, or at least his agent, knows full well he'd get into any top club in Europe at the moment and he's simply trying to engineer a move to a club whose highest aim is something a little loftier than fourth place.

If I had to put money on it, I'd wager he'll be trotting out at the Bernabeu before the summer's out.

He's holding out to see if Liverpool make the Champions League in my opinion.

I think it's perfectly acceptable for a player of Sterling's quality to want out of Liverpool. Their troubles this season have shown how susceptible to turmoil Liverpool are and, as much as certain media outlets would want you to believe different, Liverpool aren't the draw they once were. Sterling, or at least his agent, knows full well he'd get into any top club in Europe at the moment and he's simply trying to engineer a move to a club whose highest aim is something a little loftier than fourth place.

If I had to put money on it, I'd wager he'll be trotting out at the Bernabeu before the summer's out.

i would wager wager he will NOT go to Real this summer. When he look at there current options he would not improve the team.His agent Aidy Ward has like he did Saido Berahino at WBA his only other major client advised him very badly with regard to his interview which was not in his best interests. Being so young he should stay and improve his games with the regular starts he gets with a manager like Rodgers who trusts youthful players.

Would imagine any transfer deal for Sterling will be around the 40 million area then add on his package for say 5 years another 40 million..80 million nvestment for any club.

World of top flight football is utterly mad.

I saw the title of this thread and thought it was about the current strength of the £ sterling. DOH! :'(

Standard comments whenever footballers and money are concerned. I'm surprised there's been no mentions of nurses wages and 'ARE BOYS' yet.

Where was the Scouse moralising when Liverpool poached Sterling off of QPR anyway?

Sterling is entitled to whatever money he can get. He doesn't owe Liverpool Football Club one thing.

I don't really think it is about the money to be honest, I think he probably really likes playing for the club but see's them not having the best of chance of winning anything especially in the league. Their squad isn't particluarly good and there not really going to attract much in the summer not being in the top 4 so he probably wants bigger and better things for himself which I don't really blame him.

Standard comments whenever footballers and money are concerned. I'm surprised there's been no mentions of nurses wages and 'ARE BOYS' yet.

Where was the Scouse moralising when Liverpool poached Sterling off of QPR anyway?

Sterling is entitled to whatever money he can get. He doesn't owe Liverpool Football Club one thing.

Liverpool gave him first team football
Liverpool made him rather wealthy

Aged only 20 and only made just over 80 appearances he has plenty of time to play elsewhere,Plus he signed the Liverpool deal !

He owes Liverpool and Rodgers plenty Imo.

He is honouring the Liverpool deal. He is just saying he doesn't want to sign another one.

Sterling was one of the best young players in the country when Liverpool signed him. If they hadn't bought him he'd have 80 games under his belt for another Premier League club.

I would say it's the player that has made himself wealthy tbh. I think we all saw what a player he was going to be when he basically beat our youth team on his own. Yes, Liverpool gave him his chance, but, he's not a fan, he's from Jamaica and raised in London. It's his ability and desire to succeed that has made him a top player and made him rich. If Liverpool didn't give him a chance then somebody else would have because he is THAT good.

I heard on Talksport a while back (which this seems to agree with) that it wasnt £100k, it was £180k.

Its also strongly rumoured Arsenal are the team he will likely go to, and they arent in the business of paying that sort of salary, they dont even pay Sanchez that.

So if he rejects 180k and goes to Arsenal the default "only going for the money" argument doesn't carry a lot of weight.

Back