• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Who was he looking at I wonder?

Can only think either Bents or Cokes.

More likely that he's watching a West Ham player in all honesty.

More likely that he's watching a West Ham player in all honesty.
This. As is likely the case with Dougie Freedman. May have been taking a glance at Bentley/Coker but much more likely to be focusing on one of the younger West Ham players on show.

Where on earth do they get this crap from:

"Southend have been holding out for £1m for the club's player of the year but Bentley is refusing to sign a new contract and has just 12 months remaining on his current deal."

Where on earth do they get this crap from:

"Southend have been holding out for £1m for the club's player of the year but Bentley is refusing to sign a new contract and has just 12 months remaining on his current deal."

If the bid is true then Ron has little option,Bents can walk for free or Ron trousers the 750k

'Bentley is keen on teaming up with Bruce' And how exactly does the Daily Mail know that?

750k is a joke offer, he need to offer more than 3 time that amount before we can think about it!

'Bentley is keen on teaming up with Bruce' And how exactly does the Daily Mail know that?
Love it when journalists make these claims, completely wild guessing to add more to the story. A bigger club in a higher division would obviously interest Dan, but I doubt he's always dreamt of playing for Steve Bruce.

I'd like to think we can hold out for £1 million and a decent sell on fee.

The club won't accept 750k.... Haven't we had offers like that already.. It would be more worth while to keep him for another season (if he didn't sign an extension) and let it go to a tribunal at the end of it. He's to valuable to the club for the coming season and ensuring our lge 1 status. 750K might seem good now but we'd have to find a replacement and we all know Bentley is worth 15 - 20 points for next season with some of his goalkeeping.

As disappointed as I would be to see Bentley go, I think if we could negotiate a fair price (750k is slightly premature imo), maybe 1 million plus future sell on fees etc, then it could be good business IF the money is used to find a substantial replacement as well as any further additions to the squad.

I think its time we start facing up to the fact that he will go sometime this season and he deserves too. But like others have said, 1 million upfront fee with a sell on clause. Also a clause where if he gets a cap for England we get another Bonus fee.

He has been a fantastic player for the club but it is time for him to further his career and we can begin to search for a replacement.

Back