• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

apologies for my ignorance as a newbie but are Chris Phillips's tweets always so cryptic "Great to have spoken to Joe Pigott for tomorrow's paper", "Transfer news breaking", "It's a player coming in, not out". Appreciate he has to sell papers but, in this day and age of instant news, it seems a bit silly to not just tell people what is going on. Maybe it's just me

At weekends he sets the cryptic crossword for a national paper. :winking: He was particularly teasing last night. Following the news that Dan wouldn't feature at all against Charlton, there were some eyebrows raised. Then, when CP tweeted "TRANSFER NEWS BREAKING," people started puting two and two together. I paid special attention to the wording 'transfer news' rather than 'signing' and not only put two and two together but multiplied it as well! CP let us stew for an hour before informing us that we'd all mathematically found five, with "
"It's a player coming in, not out." I did say that there was a palpable sense of relief on SZ........................for the moment.
Not content with that, he wasn't finished with us yet. After the match he tweeted,

"Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982
Ron Martin: "We have had no further interest and I do not wish to sell Dan Bentley."

that, of course, will convince a number of us that he is on his way and send us back into depression. :smile:

Realistically, I think we're going to be in a battle to stay up, so PB's clean sheet mentality could work wonders for us. We'll need to scrap for every point. I do worry about whether young Ted is ready yet...wouldn't have any hesitation if we were in League 2, mind. However, the funds being offered for Bentley is an awful lot of money and will be very difficult to turn down

With the sort of money changing hands nowadays for young players untried at Prem or even Championship level (who was the guy who went to Swansea from Exeter for 1.5M recently? prime example) and given DB appears to be highly rated by many in the game, he has to be worth £2m to a Prem club looking to boost its British ranks, or a minimum £1.5m up front with a bloody decent sell-on. If Swansea want to come up with that sort of offer then it has to be good for everyone, and he'd certainly go with my blessing.

Matt Grimes, he is a midfielder. Outfield players tend to demand a higher fee, it was £1.75 million.

"Southend would also be tempted by an increased offer for the 22-year-old, who will double his reported £6k-a-week wages and save his club losing a hefty fee for a player in the last year of his contract."

Hahahaha good one

Back