• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve Clubshop

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Sep. 04 2005,22:26)]the best people to do that kind of thing would be the Shrimpers trust.

You've annoyed me a little now - would u rather have a dingy old club shop, with prehistoric tills and no stock

or a nice new shop, fully stocked up

it only seems the minority of u are unhappy - we get lots of positive feed back from people, and its just a matter of being patient.
Well they can't moan about the team today because they won, so they have to find something else to moan about.

Tomorrow there'll be something else getting slated.

nieche market to be exploited here

if the club shop dont follow them up then maybe we could sell them via here

who's willing to get 500 goater 9 bermuda shirts in??

better start getting the calculator out and doing some sums
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Sep. 04 2005,23:26)]You've annoyed me a little now - would u rather have a dingy old club shop, with prehistoric tills and no stock

I don't think it's a case of wanting a "dingy old club shop". Personally I would rather see individuality in a club shop - and that means providing football fans with the chance to buy up old programmes, badges, etc. - rather than a franchise that offers club clothing that is very much the same across the franchise bar the club colour and crest.

Since the club has chosen the franchise pathway (probably the right path in terms of financial benefits but the wrong path in terms of individuality), I think the Shrimpers Trust would be the perfect vehicle to provide those elements that fans might want (programmes / badges). It's all about choice, isn't it?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Sep. 04 2005,22:31)]nieche market to be exploited here

if the club shop dont follow them up then maybe we could sell them via here

who's willing to get 500 goater 9 bermuda shirts in??

better start getting the calculator out and doing some sums
biggrin.gif
Matt, ur obviously loaded mate paying all that dough to be on the programme cover, set up an ebay shop and sell em.

any chance of disclosing how much u paid for that buy they wayl, i'm saving up for next season
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 04 2005,22:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Sep. 04 2005,23:26)]You've annoyed me a little now - would u rather have a dingy old club shop, with prehistoric tills and no stock

I don't think it's a case of wanting a "dingy old club shop". Personally I would rather see individuality in a club shop - and that means providing football fans with the chance to buy up old programmes, badges, etc. - rather than a franchise that offers club clothing that is very much the same across the franchise bar the club colour and crest.

Since the club has chosen the franchise pathway (probably the right path in terms of financial benefits but the wrong path in terms of individuality), I think the Shrimpers Trust would be the perfect vehicle to provide those elements that fans might want (programmes / badges). It's all about choice, isn't it?

WS
the club still sell old programmes if u contact them they might be able to pull one out the archive. just not for sale in the shop as its a different pocket of money. the club gets all the cash for programmes that way

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Sep. 04 2005,23:53)]the club still sell old programmes if u contact them they might be able to pull one out the archive. just not for sale in the shop as its a different pocket of money. the club gets all the cash for programmes that way
I understand that. I just think it's a real shame that the club shop can't offer them as well rather than fans having to contact the club specifically. Maybe the club could have a stand in the Shrimpers Bar on matchday or something? Worth a suggestion ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 04 2005,22:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Sep. 04 2005,23:53)]the club still sell old programmes if u contact them they might be able to pull one out the archive. just not for sale in the shop as its a different pocket of money. the club gets all the cash for programmes that way
I understand that. I just think it's a real shame that the club shop can't offer them as well rather than fans having to contact the club specifically. Maybe the club could have a stand in the Shrimpers Bar on matchday or something? Worth a suggestion ...

WS
I can only suggest, maybe have a small room thats opened once a week - maybe match day where people can come in and browse?

out of my hands - can only suggest

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Sep. 04 2005,23:58)]I can only suggest, maybe have a small room thats opened once a week - maybe match day where people can come in and browse?

out of my hands - can only suggest
Indeed. Would they not sell more if they were actually on display rather than hoping people will ring them up, arrive at reception, whatever?

WS

as i saw can only ask mate, or wait till scrivs comes online, him being the programme master
smile.gif

Yeah i'd buy one too!

Surely something can be set up so that anyone wants one can get one.

Would look great with Goater, and his number on the back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]if u contact them they might be able to pull one out the archive

Nothing is leaving the archive, matey!!!!!
mad.gif

mad.gif

Hope my original post wasn't considered a criticism of the club-shop, merely a suggestion.

I did think the franchise thing may cause a problem, so maybe an idea that could be taken up by the Trust. I don't have the time or inclination to import shirts in bulk - may just order one direct myself and be the only person wearing one
wink.gif

Back