• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve Parmenter - perspective

palexander

Life President
After the initial uproar of Parmenter playing in our friendlies, I was bit annoyed like most to say the least.

I felt it was highly disrespectful to have a 'kit man' playing and the fact we havent signed anyone, makes it more galling.

But seeing him play today, made me think that its not as bad as people are making out. I'm by NO MEANS saying he should be considered for a first team squad role and I'm sure (actually, I'm praying) that Tilson and Brush feel the same - but I thought he acquitted himself very well.

Is it any worse than getting any other trialist in? If he wasnt our kit man, we'd probably be happy to have another trialist on board and one that didnt look out of place.

So again, not wanting him to sign on, but I think some calm over the situation should be considered. He is 32 and has played professionally, so its not like he's just someone dragged in from the back room. Here is his profile:-

[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]Steve Parmenter (Parms)
Born 17th January 1977 in Chelmsford. Height 5ft 8ins. Weight 12st. Signed in November 98 from Kingstonian. Steve was a trainee with QPR (May 1995 - July 1996) before spending two years with Bristol Rovers. He made 18 Football League appearances and scored 2 gaols for Rovers and spent a period with Conference League Yeovil Town. He joined Kingstonian on a free transfer. Played for Wales U21's. Has also played for Southend United as a Youth Trainee.

So lets not panic if he pulls on a Blues shirt again before August!
[/FONT]

With all due respect to Mr Parmenter, I think there's a cat in hells chance of him playing in any capacity.

I'm surprised that Tilson didn't play a yoof team player. I think it's a bit of an insult to Gt Wakering too if I'm honest.

With all due respect to Mr Parmenter, I think there's a cat in hells chance of him playing in any capacity.

I'm surprised that Tilson didn't play a yoof team player. I think it's a bit of an insult to Gt Wakering too if I'm honest.

All been released haven't they apart from Calver and Reynolds.

I knew we let a few go, but didn't realise the cuts were that drastic.

I think this season is make or break for Ron & Tilly. It's going to be interesting!

Was at Witham town tonight and Parmenter did very well out on the wing good crosses but a little shot shy .BUT more players needed before aug the 8th .

After the initial uproar of Parmenter playing in our friendlies, I was bit annoyed like most to say the least.

I felt it was highly disrespectful to have a 'kit man' playing and the fact we havent signed anyone, makes it more galling.

But seeing him play today, made me think that its not as bad as people are making out. I'm by NO MEANS saying he should be considered for a first team squad role and I'm sure (actually, I'm praying) that Tilson and Brush feel the same - but I thought he acquitted himself very well.

Is it any worse than getting any other trialist in? If he wasnt our kit man, we'd probably be happy to have another trialist on board and one that didnt look out of place.

So again, not wanting him to sign on, but I think some calm over the situation should be considered. He is 32 and has played professionally, so its not like he's just someone dragged in from the back room. Here is his profile:-

Quote:
Steve Parmenter (Parms)
Born 17th January 1977 in Chelmsford. Height 5ft 8ins. Weight 12st. Signed in November 98 from Kingstonian. Steve was a trainee with QPR (May 1995 - July 1996) before spending two years with Bristol Rovers. He made 18 Football League appearances and scored 2 gaols for Rovers and spent a period with Conference League Yeovil Town. He joined Kingstonian on a free transfer. Played for Wales U21's. Has also played for Southend United as a Youth Trainee.

So lets not panic if he pulls on a Blues shirt again before August!
[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

The above profile omits Canvey Island (as it's their profile), Cambridge C, Bishop's Stortford, Dorchester, Braintree and Wivenhoe Town. What a shame the Wivenhoe game is cancelled, he could have played against two of his old clubs on consecutive nights !

Its also fails to menton that Steve Parmenter has a youth player at southend in the same team as Matt Lockwood. Both were released. Parmenter moved onto to QPR youth where he became a trainee. I know this as Dad of DtS used to work with his uncle or some other weird relation.

Parmenter has played at a higher level than most of our players and is probably at least as fit as them. Would it really be the End of the World if he played a few more games?

Parmenter has played at a higher level than most of our players and is probably at least as fit as them. Would it really be the End of the World if he played a few more games?

That was over 11 years ago.

If we were playing in the Ryman League he might be a useful reserve.

Don't worry about Parmenter playing, it's time to panic when the midfield dynamo that is the 4'10" Ray Davy turns out on Tuesday.

youths played west brom in ist preseason yesterday, brom must have run riot with 2 players on the field for us!!!!also 50 seater coach outside there hotel sat morning sit where you like.

Must be the next lot moving up, all Paul and I were pointing out was that of last season's lot the vast majority were released.

Oh right didn't realise it was that many! :stunned:

So who's left? O'keefe, Calver?

Duran Reynolds, not sure who else.

Back