• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steven Hammell?

Scamps

Manager
On today's performance didn't look safe at left back... To many missed placed passes and kept getting sucked in towards AB which gave them more room down the right.
Wouldn't of happened if CHEESE was playing. But maybe it was a one off.

He played well against Pompey. Give him time to adjust to the league.

Thought Steven was one of our best performers today. Made few mistakes early on but which is no doubt down to nerves.

Looked comfortable and was a calm presence I felt......

Thought he looked good, pretty confident looking player, and certainly a huge improvement on Che.

Thought he had a better debut than Francis.

I thought he looked, plus he has the added advantage of being a left footed left back. Had a decent effort from a free kick in the first half.

It will take these new guys a few games to settle in and get used to their new colleagues.

Thought Hammell had a great game today or was I at the wrong ground ?? Good to have a left-footed player on the left side, added a new attacking level to our play IMO.
smile.gif

Are you kidding? The number of people that have told me how Chadwick caused them problems all afternoon last season and he doesn't get a sniff against Hammell. I thought Tilly and Brush got it spot on with their tactics on the left and most of their threat was from deep balls from the right back that maybe we should have been defending better in the box.

always amazes me how we all see things differently i thought he had a great game and i thought it gave us better balance having a naturally left footed player there , he had a lot of the ball always happy to accept it from centre backs midfield or Flavs , looks to have better vision and more variety in his passing than Cheese and takes a good inswinging corner , all in all another great Tilly signing. Thumbs up from the Prittlewell jury !
I

I think we should get rid of him ASAP, he looks too much like Gower and I got confused!

Looked super from my eyes as well. Solid defending and gave us a different dimension going forward. I agree will prittlewellshrimper top signing!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (beemamad @ Aug. 05 2006,18:21)]Thought Hammell had a great game today or was I at the wrong ground ??  Good to have a left-footed player on the left side, added a new attacking level to our play IMO.    
smile.gif
ditto

Thought Hammell was the pick of the back four. Took 10 minutes to settle but looked very classy after that. I also thought that Francis had a good game. I lost count of the number of times Francis swept up for Prior who didnt get anything in the air in the first half. It will take a few games for all of the players, old and new to adjust to the new division. Maher for instance was dire in the first ten minutes but got his composure as the game went on. At times today we looked so classy. Every one of our players looks comfortable on the ball and the passing was sublime at times. We look a bit uncomfortable in the air at the back but hopefully Clarke will sort that out.

We need to give all the signings a fair crack, all of them have moved a long move to play for us, they are probably in rented digs till they find a play to buy etc, etc

For most its a step up and I think all of them have the potential to do it. Personally I thought Hammell did ok, 6 or 7 out of 10 performance, likewise Francis

Its not one game fella's its 46 - I think Hammell will be a star and a full Scotland call up before the end of the season IMHO

I think Hammell did very well, but did look a little suspect in the air, maybe che can give him a few tips
wink.gif

Francis looked so solid, his tackling was sublime and looked in 2nd gear for most of the game. The only noticeable mistake he soon cleared up with a "spectacular" hooked sliding challenge. I can't wait to see Mean Machine in action alongside Barrett at Palace. He looks like he wanted a fight when he came on which i found quite funny so i've immediately taken to the player.

Hammell was brilliant today and I'll tell him that when I see him next, on the other hand I thought Francis was very poor and seemed to have the "I don't give a crap attitude"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Aug. 05 2006,20:14)]on the other hand I thought Francis was very poor and seemed to have the "I don't give a crap attitude"
Really? Seemed preety solid from where I was sitting, the only thing I did notice is that he doesnt like to clear the ball with his left peg! As for hammell,I thought he has the potential to be a very good signing and as a lot of us have only seen him for the first time today he did very well! Thought spinner looked a bit slow today, but he can read the game better than anyone so that gives him half a yard......cos me thinks hes gonna need it!

I agree with that, Francis looked either short of confidence or lacking in motivation. Might just be laid back.

He gave the ball away quite a bit and his punts forward did look like he didnt care where it would end up as long as it was away from him.

The guy is young though and we need to give him time to settle before throwing cabbages at him.

Back