• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Stobart rumours

Cricko

To put this to bed here is Ron's reply to my email.

John,

I can confirm unequivocably that Stobart, or anyone else for that matter, is NOT "taking over the Club". Neither have I been approached.

I have a significant majority shareholding in the Club and own 100% of its parent. I am NOT interested in selling.....we have a long way to go and I'm fully focused in taking us there!

I hope that helps and you can quote me.

Regards. Ron

It was only a rumour and some people just got carried away.

Cricko said:
To put this to bed here is Ron's reply to my email.

John,

I can confirm unequivocably that Stobart, or anyone else for that matter, is NOT "taking over the Club". Neither have I been approached.

I have a significant majority shareholding in the Club and own 100% of its parent. I am NOT interested in selling.....we have a long way to go and I'm fully focused in taking us there!

I hope that helps and you can quote me.

Regards. Ron
Don't suppose you can find what's happening re FF can you ?

I was hoping this was going to be true and the team would take to the pitch to the theme from Convoy.

I would have liked him to say that the Stobart rumours aren't true, but he is selling the club to a middle eastern investor who plans on injecting £100m into the club.

WTF..sometimes you cant please anybody.....what did you want him to say?

I rather hoped he would say "Yes, you're right. Stobart is buying the club and I'm still going to handle the development".

Can't see where we are going without major cash injection.

Thanks for posting that Cricko - cannot believe some people are acting like they are, reminds me of the Life of Brian.

"I am not the Messiah!"

"Only the REAL Messiah would deny his true identity"

"WHAT?! Oh, ok then - I AM the Messiah"

"He IS the Messiah!!"

etc.

If Ron has said "no" in such a way, then how on earth is that 'adding fuel to the fire'...?

Hats off to Ron Martin, I say. He's dealt with all the many problems and different people, and the delays regarding the old and new stadium with hardly a moan, which has obviously cost the club's finances more than expected, yet he's telling us that even if he could make a quick buck or release himself from all these headache's, he's in it for the long haul. Top Man.

Just to hopefully *sigh* end this fiasco I doubled checked with him to make sure this was not just of the cuff...

I asked are you sure you want me to quote this he replied...

"Yes.....that's what I said. It's a fact so let's say so. Some people like rumours because they have nothing better to do. I find it very divisive and not in the clubs best interest....so I wonder why they make up these pointless stories. Sorry John you're stuck with me! Ron"

Amazing how just because The Stobart Group buys London Southend Airport everyone assumes he will buy Southend United. Some people just put 2+2 together and get 9.

TBH we all know that "certain statements" made by "certain chairmen" can't be taken for face value. i.e. warchests etc...

Maybe RM has denied all Stobart rumours because they are not true...

Maybe he's denied it, just to keep it a secret until plans move to an advanced stage?
Afterall he won't come out and admit it.

I personally don't believe there is any real strength in these rumours., but you never know.

I think someone should now drop an email to Mr. Eddie Stobart to get his view....

Back