• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strengthening the squad

Depends on who leaves. I see this summer's rumour mill is already whirring into life.

Assuming no loss of players we need:

• Backup GK (unless Dave Martin re-registers)
  • Left footed defender
  • Wide attacker
  • Striker (maybe 2 or one loan)
And that's it. Cheers all, see you in August!
Nothing to address the glaring issues around goals and creativity in CM? That would be a disappointment. Coker, Husin, Wes, Miley & Morton between them (in total) have scored less than Josh Rees has on his own this season...

Where would you see a wide attacker fitting in to the current system?

As you say there will be tons of debate not just about the number coming in, but their profile and the positions they seek to strengthen.

Also the extent to which progress can be made pre-takeover.

Hayes was excellent in all but one aspect, which was playing out from the back. He looked better at Solihull, who also play that way, so maybe he can still improve, but he’d be a huge downgrade from Collin in our ability to build from the back and that’s such a big part of our game plan.
Very true, this. Collin is as good as any keeper I've seen at this level at being an extra player to pass too - there are still a number of keepers around who just don't want the ball. This is a key part of how we play so if Collin is off, we need someone who's equally comfortable with the ball at his feet - or we need to change our style.

No I’m not a new fan I know we have money problems thanks to the rat but to cut the budget from this season to next would be a mistake
The demands of the fans to keep 'splashing the cash' on new players, whilst keeping season tickets and admission prices low is the inevitable juxtaposition the new owners have of the club living within their means!

Nothing to address the glaring issues around goals and creativity in CM? That would be a disappointment. Coker, Husin, Wes, Miley & Morton between them (in total) have scored less than Josh Rees has on his own this season...

Where would you see a wide attacker fitting in to the current system?

As you say there will be tons of debate not just about the number coming in, but their profile and the positions they seek to strengthen.

Also the extent to which progress can be made pre-takeover.

It's not even May yet. Log off and go for a walk.

It's not even May yet. Log off and go for a walk.
I was referring to the fact that you didn't suggest any need for additions in central midfield in your post? Also adding a wide player and I wondered where a wide player would fit into our system?

I don't know why you mention May- I was clearly thinking about for next season not expecting something to happen now!! And I was responding to your own thoughts as to what is needed?

Not sure you response was entirely fair tbh..

Back