• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Striker Scoring Ratios

MrB

Life President
Random stat alert! Thought I'd check the scoring ratios of all our strikers since 2002 to see where our currrent crop stand:

Rato Striker Appearances Goals
66.67% Leon Clarke 12 8
48.15% Freddy Eastwood 135 65
46.30% Leon Constantine 54 25
29.73% Shaun Goater 37 11
23.26% Tes Bramble 172 40
22.47% Mark Rawle 89 20
22.45% Wayne Gray 98 22
20.34% Lawrie Dudfield 59 12
17.31% Lee Bradbury 52 9
16.13% Barrington Belgrave 62 10
14.29% Drewe Broughton 56 8
11.54% Graeme Jones 26 3
10.71% Matt Harrold 56 6
9.09% Billy Paynter 11 1
8.70% Ritchie Foran 23 2
8.11% Gary Hooper 37 3
7.69% Mark Salter 13 1
7.14% James Lawson 28 2
6.67% Charlie McDonald 15 1
0.00% Michael Ricketts 2 0
0.00% Dean Morgan 3 0
0.00% Dominic Foley 5 0
0.00% Brett Darby 10 0
0.00% Michael Husbands 16 0

Mr Harrold desperately needs another goal to get above the legend that is Mr G Jones!

Just goes to show what a shower of ****e we have had this decade (Leon, Freddie , Connie and the Goat excepted)

I would be interested to see this list going back a bit further, just to see how net busting legends such as Mario Walsh, Trevor Whymark and Richard Young compare

Just goes to show what a shower of ****e we have had this decade (Leon, Freddie , Connie and the Goat excepted)

I would be interested to see this list going back a bit further, just to see how net busting legends such as Mario Walsh, Trevor Whymark and Richard Young compare
In fairness you would find that with most clubs...

Can we do this again with minutes on the pitch? For example, it seems unfair to have Charlie Mac at 15 appearances when most of those are as sub with about 5 minutes to go.

Can we do this again with minutes on the pitch? For example, it seems unfair to have Charlie Mac at 15 appearances when most of those are as sub with about 5 minutes to go.

It would suggest that sub appearances are counted on Charlie Mac's stats, but I was under the impression Ricketts made 7 appearances for us (2 starts)??

It would suggest that sub appearances are counted on Charlie Mac's stats, but I was under the impression Ricketts made 7 appearances for us (2 starts)??

I thought Ricketts only ever made 2 sub appearances for us, I don't think he started a match?

Presumably, if he were a striker, Gower would be around the Bradbury/Dudfield mark. I'm surprised Dudfield's was that poor actually.

I don't think it's stretching to say that Tes has been one of the top 5 strikers of the millennium (for Southend). If only that could take in to consideration the quality of goals, I imagine Tes would shift up a couple too ;)

Back