• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Student Tax Dodgers

why does every assume students dont pay tax?
rock.gif
you have to pay tax still, same as everyone else. the only thing u get is a cheap intrest rate on a loan

I've gotta take me hat off to the lad. Thats some genius thinking!

I think he might have a bright future ahead of him!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Oct. 14 2005,18:26)]why does every assume students dont pay tax?
rock.gif
you have to pay tax still, same as everyone else. the only thing u get is a cheap intrest rate on a loan
I don't
biggrin.gif

But then again I don't earn nearly enough to qualify for a tax bracket....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 15 2005,22:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Oct. 14 2005,18:26)]why does every assume students dont pay tax?
rock.gif
I don't
biggrin.gif

But then again I don't earn nearly enough to qualify for a tax bracket....
Neither do I!!!
biggrin.gif

And also why do most people think that students dont work whilst they're at Uni? Ive had a job interview yesterday and also got another one before the end of the month as i'm so skint!

I need a rich boyfriend/husband....
wink.gif

well if i earn around say £400 - £500 a month and still go uni, should i be paying tax?

Touch and go Steve. I think the single person's allowance is about £4,500 a year but I'm sure a search for Inland Revenue will give the exact figures.
It shouldn't be tricky to calculate.

Found it! You are allowed £4,895 before tax at 10%. You may have a little to pay...jammy git!
biggrin.gif

I think the tax suggestion arises more from the fact that students are initially a massive drain on public money. Even the new higher fees are still massively subsidised by the government**

**I don't actually know this for a fact but assume they must be subbed in some way to make up the shortfall between the figure of about 3K and the supposed cost of about 12K

see, i'm one of those good student, who pay all there tax, and didn't sponge of the goverment to pay my fees, all paid by myself, yet they still tax me,
mad.gif
i think the tax returns form needs to be filled out in April

i can see the 'student; thing now - they go out get cheap booze and p%&s it al up the wall, i do the same but with my wages
wink.gif

only good thing is thr 10% discount in the shops , 15 in topman

This guy has now sold every space on the page, selling the last one on ebay for $38,100.

Fair play to him, i really wish i'd thought of this idea. but then all is not quite as it seems, he must have had a 2 or 3 year gap year and is in the hall generally reserved for the nicest rooms and the more wealthy band of students at this uni so i doubt he was quite as poor as the stories make out...but not a bad effort to make however much in about 5 months.

You should have got a letter through from the Inland Revenue which tells you that the amount has gone up for tax. IE before it used to be £4700 before u get taxed but now it's £5080.

Im actually paying tax now but im planning to claim it back come April.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Oct. 16 2005,12:55)]well if i earn around say £400 - £500 a month and still go uni, should i be paying tax?
not if you dont inform mr taxman
tounge.gif

[b said:
rock.gif
no you dont. if your working in your holidays ect you dont pay tax

Back