• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Official statement now up. PS contract not renewed at end of season.

New manager appointed tomorrow.

PS still to lead team out at Wembley and manage them for the day.

Coughlan for manager then? Would any other new incoming manager accept that scenario?

Now here's a pretty mess. He will lead out and manage at Wembley. What about the league games?
either let him go now or keep him till after that game. he can't just manage for one game.
I have a sneaky feeling the new manager will be a big name, like Sturrock was. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised

I wonder if the new manager will be watching on as Sturrock sees the season out?!

Nice article and actually makes a good read, however I had heard that PS had already indicated that he would not be here next season irrelevant of whether we were promoted and that it was his own choice - now whether that is true or not I guess we may never know.

Irrelevant of any personal feelings for RM, he has always been pretty loyal to his Managers imho with regard to not sacking them at the earliest opportunity.

Guess this means that a number of the PS signings won't be renewing their contracts either - again by their choice.

I would tell them to get ****ed. Very odd decision and never heard anything like it before. Either they should have let him go following the final (difficult for Ron C*ntin to do had they lost) or just terminate his contract at the end of the year. This club becomes more of a circus by the day. Ron has certainly taken the glint off of Wembley for a lot of people I would imagine. Sack and get rid or leave as it till the end, for me. Asking him to manage for one game is an insult I feel.

If the new manager loses his first couple and then Sturrock wins at Wembley then Ron Martin is really going to look like a prize-winning twonk.

If the new manager loses his first couple and then Sturrock wins at Wembley then Ron Martin is really going to look like a prize-winning twonk.

I think it only says he will lead the team out, not manage it at Wembley.

I would tell them to get ****ed. Very odd decision and never heard anything like it before. Either they should have let him go following the final (difficult for Ron C*ntin to do had they lost) or just terminate his contract at the end of the year. This club becomes more of a circus by the day. Ron has certainly taken the glint off of Wembley for a lot of people I would imagine. Sack and get rid or leave as it till the end, for me. Asking him to manage for one game is an insult I feel.

Couldn't agree more. I have never been a Martin hater but he has turned the club into a farce he is a lying duplicitous **** hope he ends up in a sewer where he belongs

I think it only says he will lead the team out, not manage it at Wembley.

Nope. He's managing them apparently:

For all these reasons I have suggested to Paul he leads the Team out and manages them at Wembley. He has earned that privilege and agreed.

Good luck Paul Sturrock,you didn't get us promotion but you got us wembley and probably saved us for another year with monies coming in.That Tuesday night at Roots hall vs orient still gives me goose pimples.Thanks very much.

The farce that is Southend United continues, its not a football club its a circus, with our very own Coco the Clown in charge.

This decision should have been made after the final. Wondering what our players are thinking, also wondering if players like Clohessy, Cresswell and Hurst will be here next season, any offers for them and they may well go.

Not happy, probably won't bother with many more games this season bar Wembley...will think twice about season ticket renewal....bit disheartened by it all to be honest.

Would also like to hear Sturrocks opinions.

Nope. He's managing them apparently:

For all these reasons I have suggested to Paul he leads the Team out and manages them at Wembley. He has earned that privilege and agreed.

Well that is lunacy at it's best.

If it's Coughlan I'll be disgusted, either keep Sturrock or bring in an outsider with new ideas and perspective. I guess Luggy's comments on "he knew best" after Ron told him to change the style last summer didn't go down well.

PS To do this before the JPT Final is a disgusting act from Ron, just plain wrong. If I was Sturrock I'd tell him to get stuffed! :thumbdown::angry:

Thankyou Paul for all you've done for this club.

Back