• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Sturrock & Widdrington/Players...

I think anyone who had lurked on here for the past couple of weeks could've cobbled that together without having a clue who Southend United are .. i myself said that PS & TW will quit due to failed promises from RM

Indeed its not exactly rocket science!

I don't trust that site, I very much doubt that all 5 of those players will leave. If they wanted to leave, why haven't they yet? Or maybe I just don't want to believe these rumours.

So Johnny Herd wants to cancel his contract does he.

The one he just signed ?

Quality site that one.....

So Johnny Herd wants to cancel his contract does he.

The one he just signed ?

Quality site that one.....

Well quite!

But, he could be one of the reported players handing in their 14 day notice, for non-payment of wages?...

This is definately bollox! For a start, I have been advised by a very reliable source that both Sturrock and Widderington have been given contracts and I also believe that they have been signed. there is absolutely no reason why them signing their contracts would be reported by the club. the only time their contracts have been mentioned was in the first press conference where they said that they had not had time to consider contracts! I alsio understand that the FL are happy that the debts have been cleared and are waiting for the club to come back to them with some formalities before allowing us to register a maximum of 20 players ahead of the start of the season. it is likley that this is held up by RM being on holiday ratrher than the impending hearings. My contact would not be drawn on whether the embargo will be lifted temporarilly or permanently (he probably doesnt know) but he did say that there is a lot of activity going on and there have been more twists and turns than the average bob sleigh run (his analogy, not mine). The only other thing he said was that PS initially wanted to remove the entire playing squad from last season and start afresh! He didnt say as much but from his intonation, I would suspect that this is now not the case but he has only 7 left anyway! This news is hot from about 10 am today so I guess there will be movement very soon!!! BTW wouldnt tell me who the trialists tonight are but at least one will raise eyebrows!

This is definately bollox! For a start, I have been advised by a very reliable source that both Sturrock and Widderington have been given contracts and I also believe that they have been signed. there is absolutely no reason why them signing their contracts would be reported by the club. the only time their contracts have been mentioned was in the first press conference where they said that they had not had time to consider contracts! I alsio understand that the FL are happy that the debts have been cleared and are waiting for the club to come back to them with some formalities before allowing us to register a maximum of 20 players ahead of the start of the season. it is likley that this is held up by RM being on holiday ratrher than the impending hearings. My contact would not be drawn on whether the embargo will be lifted temporarilly or permanently (he probably doesnt know) but he did say that there is a lot of activity going on and there have been more twists and turns than the average bob sleigh run (his analogy, not mine). The only other thing he said was that PS initially wanted to remove the entire playing squad from last season and start afresh! He didnt say as much but from his intonation, I would suspect that this is now not the case but he has only 7 left anyway! This news is hot from about 10 am today so I guess there will be movement very soon!!! BTW wouldnt tell me who the trialists tonight are but at least one will raise eyebrows![/QUOTE]

Roger Moore !

This is definately bollox! For a start, I have been advised by a very reliable source that both Sturrock and Widderington have been given contracts and I also believe that they have been signed. there is absolutely no reason why them signing their contracts would be reported by the club. the only time their contracts have been mentioned was in the first press conference where they said that they had not had time to consider contracts! I alsio understand that the FL are happy that the debts have been cleared and are waiting for the club to come back to them with some formalities before allowing us to register a maximum of 20 players ahead of the start of the season. it is likley that this is held up by RM being on holiday ratrher than the impending hearings. My contact would not be drawn on whether the embargo will be lifted temporarilly or permanently (he probably doesnt know) but he did say that there is a lot of activity going on and there have been more twists and turns than the average bob sleigh run (his analogy, not mine). The only other thing he said was that PS initially wanted to remove the entire playing squad from last season and start afresh! He didnt say as much but from his intonation, I would suspect that this is now not the case but he has only 7 left anyway! This news is hot from about 10 am today so I guess there will be movement very soon!!! BTW wouldnt tell me who the trialists tonight are but at least one will raise eyebrows!

Onion_Bag_Dave likes this.

Flavs then?!

My sauce at the fish house says he jst served che wilson and leke odunsi they are playing tonight in goal, having a half each.

I thought that it had been pretty much established that the 606 poster and sometime poster on here Col U Mike was responsible for these 'updates'.

There was the one on that site recently though about the 14 day notice served by Barrett et al that was correct though.

Well quite!

But, he could be one of the reported players handing in their 14 day notice, for non-payment of wages?...

Why would he have re-signed though?

That doesnt make any sense. He knew when he signed the new contract a few weeks ago about issues with wages, to then want his contract cancelled due to non-payment seems absurd.

I also dont see that a player who has very little experience would make that move.

Why would he have resigned though?

That doesnt make any sense. He knew when he signed the new contract a few weeks ago about issues with wages

In the unlikely event that there is any truth in these rumours then this would have been instigated by his agent who has seen other players get a chance to move out and on. Thus, ensuring his client is paid; and thus he (the agent) gets his 10-20%.

Back