• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sub-Forums

pickledseal

cowboy
Hi mods,

This is just my personal view, but I am not a fan of all the sub-forms...

There is too much 'click-through' and for the casual user, for example the TechnoZone was fine as it was and didn't really need to be split up further... also it may mean that people with a general interest in Technology who may have a quick look in the forum would not bother to go all the way to the Mobile or Console forum but may have been able to help....

Agree with Marketplace being in Pub etc though

I just feel it makes it almost a bit too complicated....

Not sure other peoples thought on here.

Don't get me wrong, you are doing an amazing job with the place -but just wanted to give a bit of feedback.

Andy

Thanks for your feedback Andy, we are still in the process of changing a lot of things. The Sub-Forums will enable us to give members more choices but save people having to scroll down the main forum page all the time. You do not have to go into the Techy forum for example if you wanted to just go to consoles you just click the link on the main forum page where it says Sub-Forums and you will go directly there.

It is all still work in Progress.

Thanks for your feedback Andy, we are still in the process of changing a lot of things. The Sub-Forums will enable us to give members more choices but save people having to scroll down the main forum page all the time. You do not have to go into the Techy forum for example if you wanted to just go to consoles you just click the link on the main forum page where it says Sub-Forums and you will go directly there.

It is all still work in Progress.

Ah I see, that does sound like an improvement :)

I thought you would have to pigeon hole/categorise all your posts... thanks for taking the time to reply.

A minor point, but it irritates me, can we have the language of the board English, English as opposed to the American version? Ta.

Whilst on that point can we change the color of the forum to Blue rather than Gray

I'm still not a great fan of all the sub-forums, although accessible direct from main page, it's still a lot of 'clicks' to check everything on say the TechnoZone... check main forum, then phone, then console etc.

I worry if you introduce this on main Shrimpers forum for off field on field etc as hinted it means a lot of areas to check!

No one else has commented on this though, so I must be alone...

The main forum (Chit-Chat) is done already..we abandoned the on pitch off pitch idea. Looking for new posts you are better off using the "What's New" link in the Nav bar.

I'm still not a great fan of all the sub-forums, although accessible direct from main page, it's still a lot of 'clicks' to check everything on say the TechnoZone... check main forum, then phone, then console etc.

I worry if you introduce this on main Shrimpers forum for off field on field etc as hinted it means a lot of areas to check!

No one else has commented on this though, so I must be alone...

nope I completely agree too, in the busier sub-forums it's fair enough, but for example the Technology sub-forum it's fairly quiet, so I don't really see the point and it just means more clicking.

I mainly use the New Posts button to see what's being discussed, it'd be great if it could be a bit bigger to make it more smartphone accessible.

Back