• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

greyerfox

First XI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&v=PEjOIm_Sb7U&gl=GB

We have had a few threads of a nostalgic nature recently and in the clip above we see some wonderful goals together with a glimpse of irony in a certain Nicky Bailey scoring twice in different matches against his current employers. I think we also catch sight of Paul Smith in goal for Forest on two occasions. The Gower slalom through the Brighton defence is a joy and what about the Peter Clarke layoff to Adam B for his left foot volley. But for me the piece of skill by Leon Clarke of instant control and then the casual left foot lob over the Gills keeper was just sublime. Oh, and the Killers track was well chosen too. Happy days (or have I got those rose-tinted specs on again?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&v=PEjOIm_Sb7U&gl=GB

We have had a few threads of a nostalgic nature recently and in the clip above we see some wonderful goals together with a glimpse of irony in a certain Nicky Bailey scoring twice in different matches against his current employers. I think we also catch sight of Paul Smith in goal for Forest on two occasions. The Gower slalom through the Brighton defence is a joy and what about the Peter Clarke layoff to Adam B for his left foot volley. But for me the piece of skill by Leon Clarke of instant control and then the casual left foot lob over the Gills keeper was just sublime. Oh, and the Killers track was well chosen too. Happy days (or have I got those rose-tinted specs on again?)

That's on the 'Old photo's of Southend United.' thread page 7. Some great goals there, also Gower at his best.

Love that Nicky Bailey header against Millwall. In the flesh it was incredible to watch.

those were good days, look at the crowds! we were in a higher division and bothering the play offs, so yeah, good days. even a couple of local lads involved which i always like

We also had centre backs who were a real threat at corners and free-kicks. And when did we last have a player who himself was a threat when taking a free-kick? Perhaps it was Ryan Hall? Sadly we don't seem to have one today.

Great memories. That Macca one I always remember when that ball was cut back to him you just knew it was going in. It was like time standing still.

I bloody loved Mark Gower.

Those were the days we were going for promotion from League one had a brilliant manager, a chairman we all liked some decent players and a new stadium on the horizon!

Super team, great football, good days, created by a great management. How we have fallen after Ron destroyed it all.

Great memories. That Macca one I always remember when that ball was cut back to him you just knew it was going in. It was like time standing still.

I bloody loved Mark Gower.

In or sky high, eh?!

Nah, It just sat up at the perfect height and pace to hit. Goal all day long!

I know it is wrong to dwell on the past but the excitement which some of those players generated is in stark contrast to what has been served up this campaign. And to think that Mark Gower was sometimes the object of barracking by our fans. I just wonder whether PB has high hopes that Elliot Lee will ignite our season and propel us to the autos. Thankfully we will have 23 games in 2015 to get it right with a new striker. Here's hoping!

Back