• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC - The entertainers?

shrimperian

Coach
After watching my beloved Southend score 7 and concede 5 in the last week, I thought that I would see if we are anywhere near the top of the "entertainment table". That is, the team whom, if you saw every game, you would see the most goals per game ratio. We are indeed close to the top of that table, laying second with 81 goals in 27 league games (3 per game), behind AFC Bournemouth (84 in 27 avg 3.11). Whilst this is pretty good going (Peterboro and Stockport having also scored 81 to top the league two table), we have a long way to go to compete with WBA fans who have witnessed 97 league goals in 28 games. An average of 3.46 per game.

Useless staistic of the day over!

A predictable riposte, but....

This is not the table I want us to be climbing. If we ground out 1-0 wins every week, I would be happy. As a wise man once said, 'if you want entertainment, then go to the circus.'

I wasnt saying that I was happy at the statistic, merely that it is what it is. However, for the neutral fan, if you were going to pick a team to watch by virtue of the amount of goals you might see, we would be attractive.

Wasn't having a dig mate, I just like that circus quote....

Hmmm. Well i do go to football to be entertained. I dont want to go to a 1-0 win with one shot on target.

Give me a 5-4 win any day.

But the main thing is the win.

Back