• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter accounts that I'm not familiar with are claiming the club will be sold this week.

No idea who they've heard that from and I think that's improbable considering the legal documentation required for any sale.

Twitter accounts that I'm not familiar with are claiming the club will be sold this week.

No idea who they've heard that from and I think that's improbable considering the legal documentation required for any sale.
Yeah I've seen similar tweets but I'm not sure I'd take them too seriously.

Always a chance he'll finally accept the offer this week.

All that will do for now though is start the due diligence process which could still take a few weeks.

Club won't be "sold" until that is completed to the satisfaction of the buyers.

Not a shock at all.

The killer for that deal would likely have been Nash wanting Roots Hall.
And the killer for the alternative deal may be relying on Ron to build a housing funded stadium at FF when interest rates are going up up up.

Yeah I've seen similar tweets but I'm not sure I'd take them too seriously.

Always a chance he'll finally accept the offer this week.

All that will do for now though is start the due diligence process which could still take a few weeks.

Club won't be "sold" until that is completed to the satisfaction of the buyers.
The most worrying part for me is the due diligence. Can only hope a buyer is not put off by anything they find.

I disagree to a point. The reason we are in this situation is

1) the fan groups combining and not renewing season tickets - fairly militant

2) protests outside Ron’s house. Note the protests at roots hall had 0 effect on Ron. Protests outside his house chipped away at his control - fairly militant.

Now let’s flip the coin

1) non payment of wages when he’s admitted he can get funds - militant and intimidating

2) implying that staff aren’t being paid because of supporters - intimidating and threatening

Always two sides to every coin.

There is no place for violence - agreed

I till Ron stops being intimidating and threatening then there is absolutely a need for a robust defence

Let’s face it - upon reflection Ron could have done this when he first got planning permission for the development. He would have got more money as the club was in a higher league.

All this s**t about no one being interested in the club - threatening and intimidating

He’s done this to get some narcissistic pleasure at his own expense. The guy has too many screws loose and will not play fairly.

Ultimately the only reason we are where we are is because of some joint fan base militant actions and a little grenade called @StanCollymore who has no doubt been working on the inside on our behalf to oust Ron
How much of his failings are his family's fault?

I would also argue the protests outside his house had little effect, the timing was just a coincidence. I think the thing that influenced him the most was Stan and Tom in his ear.

How much of his failings are his family's fault?

I would also argue the protests outside his house had little effect, the timing was just a coincidence. I think the thing that influenced him the most was Stan and Tom in his ear.
They have increased the pressure on him from his family to sell.

Interesting week to be Southend fan...... firstly started off with Nash interest ending and company called kimura in advance talks to buy sufc, with the likes of Ray winstone and the rock being involved (crazy stuff). I'll be honest I'm not sure what to make of kimura if they are right for us but at the same time we aren't in position where we can be picky. It's got to the point where anyone is better than Ron! Let's hope something happens soon.

Shame about Nash, but maybe that’s left him with a one horse race. It does seem like we had at least two really amazing offers to buy the club. Time to accept one of them Ron.

I wonder if there are delays because of something like the accounts not being filed yet? Can the books really be opened just now?

Anyway - let’s hope he accepts something this week and it moves to the next phase of any deal.

Interesting week to be Southend fan...... firstly started off with Nash interest ending and company called kimura in advance talks to buy sufc, with the likes of Ray winstone and the rock being involved (crazy stuff). I'll be honest I'm not sure what to make of kimura if they are right for us but at the same time we aren't in position where we can be picky. It's got to the point where anyone is better than Ron! Let's hope something happens soon.

It's always difficult to know what peoples intentions are. Better the devil you know is a saying that springs to mind, although clearly not applicable in this case! The positive about this possible 'take over' is that I cant believe that Spud would be involved if we were going to get shafted.

I've received confirmation this morning (and the green light to post this on SZ) that Steve Nash and his consortium are now officially out of the race.

Despite verbally offering "a bumper deal", which in Nash's eyes was a genuine footballing project where he would have been the front man, Ron rejected the proposal. Crucially, it was Ron's refusal to include the sale of Roots Hall in any deal that led to Nash stepping away.

Nash's pitch included the promise of working closely with the local community, restoring the club's damaged reputation and the carrot of forming good ties with Spurs to ensure we had the benefit of securing talented loanees.

Ron doesn't want to sell Roots Hall, but just like back in December when Ron first made contact directly with Nash, every time they spoke the goal posts kept moving.
This is confusing. So even with new owners Ron is going to still own roots hall and be our landlord?

So does that imply that the preferred bidders aren't going to buy Roots Hall? So we still won't get rid of Ron.
Ron can't sell Roots Hall otherwise he can't build on it, unless he buys it back! I suspect anyone who wants to buy Roots Hall is hoping to build on it themselves, which will make them a tidy profit. The price of Roots Hall would therefore have to be more than the price of the stadium itself, it would also have to be enough to compensate Ron for the profit he'll miss out on.

Ron can't sell Roots Hall otherwise he can't build on it, unless he buys it back! I suspect anyone who wants to buy Roots Hall is hoping to build on it themselves, which will make them a tidy profit. The price of Roots Hall would therefore have to be more than the price of the stadium itself, it would also have to be enough to compensate Ron for the profit he'll miss out on.
Exactly.

I didn’t write Ron was lying ,I expressed my displeasure that FBM should suggest that it was ok to add numbers to the interested parties to push a possible price hike
I doubt it's Ron doing the negotiations, it's probably the agent... but anyone who ever sells anything and who wants the best price is going to give themselves the best chance of achieving it, whether it's a house, a car, a guitar or a business... and actually especially a business.

Firstly, what does "interested parties" mean? Someone who has enquired after the price? The buyer may think it's too high but unless the seller gets told this information, then to them they're interested. To get the best possible price, you need at least two parties who both want it.

There's nothing wrong with using the power of the market to close a sale. Lying about the actual sale details of course is something totally different.

I said previously if I was the buyer I would want to buy the club and RH. Not because I wanted to stay there. But it would provide a safety net. I would then agree (up front) sell RH back to the development once the new stadium was built.

If it’s true Nash wanted RH included as above then it’s just good business sense to address in a straightforward way the fact the new stadium isn’t here yet.

If he wanted to retain RH long term then that is not a great approach as it would be/was to doomed to be an unwanted fall back bid at best.

The preferred bid keeps the FF developments and RH developments in tact. We somehow seem to forget other parties are involved and signed up to the current plans- the developer if half owned by the Dellals, and SSC are already signed up for much of the housing. Undoing all this, and substantially revisiting planning, perhaps with no stadium at FF at all, would be very unattractive - particularly given the apparent preferred bid.

I doubt it's Ron doing the negotiations, it's probably the agent... but anyone who ever sells anything and who wants the best price is going to give themselves the best chance of achieving it, whether it's a house, a car, a guitar or a business... and actually especially a business.

Firstly, what does "interested parties" mean? Someone who has enquired after the price? The buyer may think it's too high but unless the seller gets told this information, then to them they're interested. To get the best possible price, you need at least two parties who both want it.

There's nothing wrong with using the power of the market to close a sale. Lying about the actual sale details of course is something totally different.
Agreed. If Nash is out though, I wonder how serious the other party of the three is. It could now be all eggs in the kimura basket and therefore time to sell

Does anyone else feel incredibly uncomfortable when you post about knowing where RM lives and talking about his family and giving them hell?

It’s not pleasant. The stuff about Lopata was worrying, but this is disturbing.

I wasn’t sure if this was a cultural thing with you being from Poland, but know I’m genuinely worried about you and the things you post.

Maybe take a little break. I dread to think what you’d do if RM knocked back the offer.
I don’t know where he live, it’s the fans who turned up outside his house to protest, image what it’s be like, if the club is closed down, RM would be advised to sell up and move away from the area for their own safety.

Ask Steve Dale, who had to move away from his area, after Bury FC closed down, for his safety and was advised not to step his foot in Bury ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back