• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give the man a break
He’s a passionate guy
Pressure absolutely still needs to be applied to Ron
Everyone thinking this is over but will Ron pay the wages due 1st.
We all know what a c**t Ron is
You don't sit in the East Reds by any chance? :Winking: Reason I ask is that for our last home game against Wealdstone when the East tried to pick up,rather feebly, the West's "We want Martin out" chant there was a guy behind me in Row M who limited himself to "Martin,c**t."(Whie I agree withthe sentiment it's not very typical East Stand language):Smile:

Last edited:
When you look where Luton, Bournemouth and to some extent Rotherham were not that long ago, bottom of 4th division with major points deductions. We should be encouraged that if this takeover goes to plan, sky's the limit over an extended period of time.

Fingers crossed.
And Brighton… homeless and ground sharing in Kent during Ron’s tenure

No it’s not ,and you should know better !😤
Well, I guess it depends whether you're trying to get the most money or if you just want rid at any price.

We're the ones who are desperate for Ron to sell, so just want him gone, and quickly. He, however, will want the best price he can get. This means that the prospective buyer(s) must believe there is as much competition as possible so that they make sure they are not outbid (if they really want it).

He definitely wants rid of SUFC, he's stopped funding the club and staff have been made aware that no wages will be paid till new owners come in. I wonder if the names mentioned as being involved with the consortium has caused his greed to kick in and too stick his snout in the SUFC trough and force one last big payday.

He definitely wants rid of SUFC, he's stopped funding the club and staff have been made aware that no wages will be paid till new owners come in. I wonder if the names mentioned as being involved with the consortium has caused his greed to kick in and too stick his snout in the SUFC trough and force one last big payday.
Where did you hear that?

Where did you hear that?
I’ve heard that he thinks we all have responsibility to make sure the players get paid for may and June… in his head if you haven’t renewed your season ticket your not helping the situation….. so the players won’t be paid in my opinion… the sale needs to get done hopefully in the next few weeks

Sickening, but not unexpected from him.

It’s best for Ron to take the money, they can take on RM debts and it’s will easily be managed, given their track record and our club will start flying. His family’s want out, especially fans know where he live and his family’s don’t want hell, if RM fcuk it up and closed our club.

Does anyone else feel incredibly uncomfortable when you post about knowing where RM lives and talking about his family and giving them hell?

It’s not pleasant. The stuff about Lopata was worrying, but this is disturbing.

I wasn’t sure if this was a cultural thing with you being from Poland, but know I’m genuinely worried about you and the things you post.

Maybe take a little break. I dread to think what you’d do if RM knocked back the offer.

More gossip abour Ron .Ireally could not care about that little man .If the sale goes through it wont be that quick .mr Martin will make this sale as painful as he possable can .I guess the end of his little dream is coming to a close .So he will try to get as much money as he can before sailing away in the sunset .

Let’s hope the sale won’t take the age we fear it might. All we’ve seen to dampen hopes is a weak tweeted attempt by Ron to kick off an auction. That is far from guaranteed to follow and things could still move quite quickly.

Ron doesn’t benefit particularly in delaying, but harm could be done to the assets he’s selling if he delays. Hopefully the advice he is getting from Global Sports Worldwide is clear. This is a crucial moment for them to step up and navigate this sale across the line quickly.

I’ve heard that he thinks we all have responsibility to make sure the players get paid for may and June… in his head if you haven’t renewed your season ticket your not helping the situation….. so the players won’t be paid in my opinion… the sale needs to get done hopefully in the next few weeks
Again where did you hear that?

I think an element of that is true. The simple reason nobody will get paid is because there is next to nothing in the club's coffers. However, I believe he does genuinely think like this.

@BoyWonder2 I agree.
I did not and do not agree with taking the dispute to his family doorstep. It is a very intrusive and intimidating escalation of an already unpleasant situation.
Generally and genuinely threats, intimidation, violence have no place in business, sport or society.
I disagree to a point. The reason we are in this situation is

1) the fan groups combining and not renewing season tickets - fairly militant

2) protests outside Ron’s house. Note the protests at roots hall had 0 effect on Ron. Protests outside his house chipped away at his control - fairly militant.

Now let’s flip the coin

1) non payment of wages when he’s admitted he can get funds - militant and intimidating

2) implying that staff aren’t being paid because of supporters - intimidating and threatening

Always two sides to every coin.

There is no place for violence - agreed

I till Ron stops being intimidating and threatening then there is absolutely a need for a robust defence

Let’s face it - upon reflection Ron could have done this when he first got planning permission for the development. He would have got more money as the club was in a higher league.

All this s**t about no one being interested in the club - threatening and intimidating

He’s done this to get some narcissistic pleasure at his own expense. The guy has too many screws loose and will not play fairly.

Ultimately the only reason we are where we are is because of some joint fan base militant actions and a little grenade called @StanCollymore who has no doubt been working on the inside on our behalf to oust Ron

That definitely concerns me. I'm hoping anyone advising him (GSW, family, etc.) is constantly in his ear telling him to just get it over and done with. I don't contend his right to get as much as he can for him and his family, but not at the expense of the best deal for the club and not at the expense of driving away the Kimura-led group.

This group could present so many amazing opportunities and open so many doors for this club. Regardless of all that has gone on before, RM could at least leave on a positive note. He has been concerned about his legacy in the past - hence clinging on for so long and wanting to be the person who delivered a new stadium to the club and housing for the city. Well he could definitely improve his legacy on the football side of things if he is the enabler of these potentially great opportunities by selling to Kimura.

Problem is, he's so desperate to get out and get money now that I'm not sure how concerned he is with his legacy anymore. Which arguably makes him more dangerous. Let's hope he is being sensible.

Let’s hope the sale won’t take the age we fear it might. All we’ve seen to dampen hopes is a weak tweeted attempt by Ron to kick off an auction. That is far from guaranteed to follow and things could still move quite quickly.

Ron doesn’t benefit particularly in delaying, but harm could be done to the assets he’s selling if he delays. Hopefully the advice he is getting from Global Sports Worldwide is clear. This is a crucial moment for them to step up and navigate this sale across the line quickly.
I believe Jez Moxey is or was away, so perhaps RM is waiting for him to get back to advise before accepting an offer. Tom is/was away too and I'd imagine Ron will want him back and in the building to lead on opening the books for Kimura if he accepts the offer.

Last edited:
I think in a situation where someone has gone bust creditors very become anxious to get anything they can ... and the business owner is desperate to extract every last penny.

I doubt RM is really in a strong position too negotiate hard on price

.. I imagine he will be more intrested in how and when the money is going to arrive with him. He will have tax considerations and also he might want some routed offshore.

I guess he has been paying the players as they (their contracts) are assets (look how he lost Lopata) and any points deductions clearly affect the value of the football club business.

I suppose his major creditors are the morgage/finance comapnies he has borrowed from with land as secuirty ......

BTW - does anyone know what happened to the law frim suing him for 200K -

Is that still a live issue ... did it dissappear - or was that the straw that broke the camels back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back