• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they might be - and Kev's talking them up.
There's a massive difference between youth and U18s football and Senior level. Look at Matt Rush. Scored for fun at those levels, but couldn't score for the first team. I think it's best to let it pan out, and not expect too much or put pressure on them. but hope one or both turn out brilliant once they step up, and go on to have great careers.

We've literally got no choice but to put him on the bench. Solihull had Kelly on the bench last week. There lies the huge difference and task ahead for not just this weekend, but the whole season.
True, but we should remember that Boreham Wood and Solihull will be right up there. They have also had several years building squads. The same doesn’t apply to most sides in this league and we’ll win more than we lose IMO. I also think that we will continue to strengthen over the coming months. Will it be enough to challenge for the playoffs? It could be - I actually think we will. Let’s see.

True, but we should remember that Boreham Wood and Solihull will be right up there. They have also had several years building squads. The same doesn’t apply to most sides in this league and we’ll win more than we lose IMO. I also think that we will continue to strengthen over the coming months. Will it be enough to challenge for the playoffs? It could be - I actually think we will. Let’s see.
I'm not for minute saying all teams are like Solihull. They are a great outfit, one of the best sides I saw in terms of a cohesive unit last season. However, if we are to challenge, we are miles behind the other challengers in terms of options up front. Borehamwood's front two walk straight into our current lineup and they finished 10th.

I said on another thread that things will indeed get better, I have no doubt, but it's not going to be easy. You have to score goals to get out of this division.

I'm not for minute saying all teams are like Solihull. They are a great outfit, one of the best sides I saw in terms of a cohesive unit last season. However, if we are to challenge, we are miles behind the other challengers in terms of options up front. Borehamwood's front two walk straight into our current lineup and they finished 10th.

I said on another thread that things will indeed get better, I have no doubt, but it's not going to be easy. You have to score goals to get out of this division.
Without sounding too negative, we will have too score goals to stay in the division. Don’t know where they are going to come from.
We can’t wait 2 or 3 weeks to see what’s available from other club’s.

Without sounding too negative, we will have too score goals to stay in the division. Don’t know where they are going to come from.
We can’t wait 2 or 3 weeks to see what’s available from other club’s.
You're fearing us getting relegated? And if it's players with the ability of scoring goals you want (as do we all), the reality, despite what you want, is that we may  have to wait.

The situation was discussed on Essex Radio by Glen Pennyfather. He alluded to lack of finances as hindering recruitment up top. Management are well aware of what is needed, but with 3 strikers injured, probably very little left to play with. Quite rightly there is a reluctance to spend money we haven't got. Going down that route is why we are where we are.

Whatever happens we are in a far better position than at this stage last season. Provided people don't go into meltdown every time we lose, then we should be in for an enjoyable season.

However, on top of the need for forward cover in the short term. Probably need some cover in central defence. Ralph is far more useful as a wing back and shouldn't be used as cover unless absolutely necessary.

We are getting there, but have a lot of ground to make up on the stronger Clubs and even with the best will in the world, we probably won't get close enough this season.

Fiddles didn't look 16 in the warm up yesterday. If he is good enough he is old enough.

If Ipswich are watching Ollie Kensdale then they would have seen him have a good game yesterday, plus he was much more vocal than previous so he could be growing in confidence too.

Fiddles didn't look 16 in the warm up yesterday. If he is good enough he is old enough.

If Ipswich are watching Ollie Kensdale then they would have seen him have a good game yesterday, plus he was much more vocal than previous so he could be growing in confidence too.

Do you know where this has been reported, at all? First I have heard

You're fearing us getting relegated? And if it's players with the ability of scoring goals you want (as do we all), the reality, despite what you want, is that we may  have to wait.
I never did think that relegation was a real threat,. I was just stating the obvious that we will need to score goals.
Solihull was a good start but we must still prioritise a striker or two, can’t rely on Wreh every game.
One goal in two games needs improvement.
I think I put us finishing 8 or 9th in the league finishing position and am still confident that we can do that.

You don’t get several years to build a squad at this level.

Teams are built using loanees and anyone permanent who flashes potential is quickly snapped up - just look at Sam Dalby who was off after just a season of good - not even great.

Take yesterday’s opponents Solihull’s line-up for instance.

Moulden - loanee
Kelleher- loanee
Howe - 2019
Coker - signed 2 weeks ago
Clarke - loanee
Osborne - 2017
Mayock - Aug 2020
Barnett - July 2021
Sbarra - Sept 2020
Reid - loanee
Dallas - Aug 2021

Just two players from more than 2 years ago.

It’ll likely be a new team next year. Sure there may be some holdovers but if Sbarra has again the type of season he had last year I wouldn’t expect him to still be around - instead it’ll be the lesser players who stick around. The complementary players rather than the building blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back