• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. All depends on what he would be doing for the club he joined. Would he be warming the bench with the occasional appearance for injuries/ suspensions or would he want to be one if the first names on the sheet.

I get the impression he wants to play as many games as he can at a decent level. I'm sure development of his game and good coaching would also factor into where he would end up
Some players also use the mindset of helping a club they love, if Kacper has a ridiculously good season with a promotion, he could be snapped up for a high fee from a larger club and it would be a win win for both parties.

The case of Lopata is just a 'you never know' situation.

Ben Wynter with his goodbye tweet. Doesn't mention anything about agreeing to sign for a new club.

A few others from Torquay have done this today (not Little or Lemonheigh-Evans yet) and seems to be the thing to do when leaving a club and to sign for another team soon after. Maybe an annoucement from whoever signs him in the next day or so?

Chesterfield announced their retained list with the biggest surprise among their fans being the release of 29 year old LWB Alex Whittle. He was runner up in their POTS, with no prizes for guessing who won, and not been offered a new deal, according to Whittle on Twitter & Instagram.

Their other LWB has also been made available for transfer, as well was Laurence Maguire. Also confirms that Saidou Khan is still under contract and also not listed as "available for transfer". Maybe that puts to bed any rumours we had about signing him.

Some players also use the mindset of helping a club they love, if Kacper has a ridiculously good season with a promotion, he could be snapped up for a high fee from a larger club and it would be a win win for both parties.

The case of Lopata is just a 'you never know' situation.
With Kacper maybe the facy he kows our assitant coach may help sway him to come back to Southend .Also i was lead to beleve he met a young lady from essex .Hears hoping .

Reactions: JAL

Chesterfield announced their retained list with the biggest surprise among their fans being the release of 29 year old LWB Alex Whittle. He was runner up in their POTS, with no prizes for guessing who won, and not been offered a new deal, according to Whittle on Twitter & Instagram.

Their other LWB has also been made available for transfer, as well was Laurence Maguire. Also confirms that Saidou Khan is still under contract and also not listed as "available for transfer". Maybe that puts to bed any rumours we had about signing him.
Thought Calvin Miller at LWB was their best player in the 2nd leg.

Lopata - I think we have to be realistic, he is captain of a major European U20 team. As much as I would love him back, I think he should be playing a few levels above SUFC. He would have been seen by international scouts, if not needed by Sheffield Utd then I can see him in LG1 or a decent European league.

Stan doesn't follow Ben Wynter, make of that what you will
Stan does follow Ben Wynter - although I appreciate he could have done so in the past two hours. Appears Blues have already reached out to his agent nonetheless.
You do know deals can take weeks, sometimes even months to complete.

Just relax. Last week most people hadn’t heard of Lomas, now we are panicking because we haven’t signed him as soon as we had heard of him.
Completely agree with this. Posts by SimplyShrimper and other wannabe transfer rumour accounts are completely wrong and misleading when they said the transfer was "imminent" last week. Can confirm that Lomas is meeting with the hierarchy in the coming days - things are moving along as hoped, but impossible to put a timeframe on it at this stage.

Stan does follow Ben Wynter - although I appreciate he could have done so in the past two hours. Appears Blues have already reached out to his agent nonetheless.

Completely agree with this. Posts by SimplyShrimper and other wannabe transfer rumour accounts are completely wrong and misleading when they said the transfer was "imminent" last week. Can confirm that Lomas is meeting with the hierarchy in the coming days - things are moving along as hoped, but impossible to put a timeframe on it at this stage.

You are John Still and I claim my fiver!

Michael Cheek still under contract. Would assume that potential move is dead, if we were even considering him. Doubt we would pay a fee and high wages for a soon-to-be 31 year old.
Maybe, but he was under contract when Kev last made contact. I suspect there will be a few enquires this month !

Stan also follows a particular Armani Little. No idea how long he’s followed him for though.

Ben Wynter with his goodbye tweet. Doesn't mention anything about agreeing to sign for a new club.

A few others from Torquay have done this today (not Little or Lemonheigh-Evans yet) and seems to be the thing to do when leaving a club and to sign for another team soon after. Maybe an annoucement from whoever signs him in the next day or so?
I’m given to understand that for family reasons he wanted to return to London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back