• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who knows he's next interview after that at the training ground he said next week and maybe 2 players it's getting silly now a few days ends up being nxt week then nxt week becomes the wkend and stil nothing!!!!

I suppose you would have been disappointed to see him at Roots Hall..

I certainly wouldn't be excited. Seen him play didn't think he was that good. Wasn't good enough to get a contract again either. We will see whos right come the season

Id take some convincing about White at centre half. I'm sure he can 'do a job' there, but 46 games is a different matter unless our captain is now considered a reserve?

i remember Chris Barker as being the best left back we had at the time, once someone finally had the sense to swap him and Prosser around.

Having seen him play there at Billericay and today at Braintree I'd be VERY worried if we started the season with him playing at CB.

So Brownie saying definitely signing one this week and possibly one of the trial-lists which suggests he doesn't rate the rest. Wonder who the definite one is? Worrell. Who would we think is the one trial list we might go for? Fagan, or is it all another smoke screen

So Brownie saying definitely signing one this week and possibly one of the trial-lists which suggests he doesn't rate the rest. Wonder who the definite one is? Worrell. Who would we think is the one trial list we might go for? Fagan, or is it all another smoke screen
Yep, sounds like Worrall to me (CP "he wants to join us'). As for the loanee I'd go for Hoyte......wasn't he the 'unearthed diamond' or something like that? For me, central defence is the big headache. If Cort is not the answer......... I have big doubts about White and Thompson appears to have injury issues........then we need to find one pdq and not seven or eight games into the season. There is also a need to temporarily replace Timlin (three-month loan). It's only when these issues have been sorted, that I'll be a lttle more assured about next seasons prospects.

during the BBBC interview on u tube look in the back ground you can see phil brow talking to a player is that not hoyet not to sure .

during the BBBC interview on u tube look in the back ground you can see phil brow talking to a player is that not hoyet not to sure .
Yes I noticed that........finished with a handshake didn't it?.........probably just a red heering........couldn't see a contract in his other hand! :smile: If PB is to be taken strictly at his (written) word then there is a clear differentiation between 'We will' and 'We could.' "We WILL make a signing," I'm assuming that refers to Worrall. We COULD sign ONE of the trialists..................that surely infers that we MAY not sign any of them.

Well Leon Cort doesnt sound too promising :
Chris Phillips

Hearing rumours that Leon Cort is thinking of retiring. Yet to be confirmed though. @SUFCRootsHall @Essex_Echo

Cort's retirement now confirmed:

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 9m
Cort: "I decided last night to hang up my boots. I just feel it's time." @SUFCRootsHall @Essex_Echo

Not a massive surprise. At 34 he would have had to be in very good shape to be of use and he just hasnt played enough.

Respect Cort's decision. Taking him on for a year would have been a decision with obvious risks and seeing the results of previous returnees didn't exactly fill one with confidence. Don't think Cort was ever going to fit in with PB's 46 games a season criteria. I really hope that there will be news soon concerning a CB, either trialists, signing or loan arrangement, in the VERY near future. With Worrall's signing hopefully imminent this is the absolute N°1 priority as far as I'm concerned .........I still have nightmares about our central defence February/March last season!:winking:

I wouldn't say I'd be that bothered about if we get Fagan or not. Two new trialists have come in apparently, one is a center-back.

So, Fagan remains. The question is, do we need Worrall AND Fagan??? PB did say that we MAY sign one of the trialists....there again perhaps we may not!

Yes- because Fagan can also play up front in a 442 which is from all of our friendlies what we seem to be going for- add to the comments from Corr about having a partner up front

Corr, Barnard, Weston, Williams, Fagan, Ellis Brown can play in front two

Hurst, Weston, Atkinson, Fagan, Ellis Brown plus maybe if we are lucky Worrell wide

Looks about right
Also well balanced re right and left footers

Rotherham have announced their squad numbers for the new season. As far as I can see Worrall has not been given a number - make of that what you will!

Back